“Pretty good” 4 of 5 stars

+1 305-743-5516
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 80 Restaurants in Marathon
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Stonegrill Dining is a new and exciting experience that allows your meal to be presented while cooking on a stone heated to 750 degrees to your table. High temperature sears in all the natural juices, nutrients & flavor giving you a taste beyond anything you've ever experienced. The Stonegrill is moisture activated. When the food is cooked, it will release from the stone, allowing you to turn it over or remove it without sticking. By dining from the Stonegrill, you are able to enjoy a meal freshly grilled to personal taste, whether it be rare, medium or well done. Your food will remain hot, allowing you to dine at leisure. Stonegrill Dining is recognized as one of the healthiest methods of cooking. The absence of oils or fats and the quick searing of food at high temperatures ensure delicious and healthy meals lower in calories that traditional cooking methods allow and taste unique to a Stonegrill.
Tampa, FL
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went here last night for dinner. I originally picked this restaurant due to its large varied menu and the fact that the menu included scallops, which my daughter really wanted. The outside paint job looks like an old aquarium - kind of odd. But you can't miss it from the street! The inside is nicer. Even my fourteen year old son said they need to update the outside to match up with the inside. It wasn't crowded at all and we were seated right away. I had a key lime pie martini that was fantastic. My nineteen year old daughter said the virgin piña colada was ok but not as good as two others she has had on this trip. Our server was great - very friendly and attentive. Our food came to the table quickly.

The food is where it was a mix. My husband LOVED his filet and lobster tail. Said everything was cooked perfectly. And he is very picky about both steak and lobster. My daughter loved her scallops. And both of them loved the loaded baked potato that they got. My son enjoyed his pasta marinara, although it's pretty hard to mess that up. I had grilled mahi mahi and added three shrimp scampi to it. The scampi sauce was good but too salty. The mahi was kind of dried out. Sautéed spinach was delish. One weird thing that we noticed was they seem to use old bay seasoning on everything. Even the steak. For dessert we shared a caramel apple cheesecake that we all enjoyed.

After dinner our waiter said they are known for their steak. Perhaps I should have gotten that instead...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
John E, Owner at Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We are pleased to hear that overall the majority of you enjoyed your meals. Please let us know what could have made it a perfect experience for you rather than pretty good. We hope to serve you again and maybe this time with 100% satisfaction!

Conch Key, Florida
“Absolutely Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife and I moved from Islamorada to the Marathon area and were getting a little discouraged as we could not find a fine dinning restaurant that had that had a beautiful atmosphere, local charm and most importantly, incredible food! All I can say is "Jackpot". We decided to sit at the bar as we do when we try a new restaurant (BTW...beautiful bar) we enjoy a few cocktails a couple of appetizers and decide if we want to stay for dinner. We were pretty much won ever at that point with great, friendly service by our bartender/server and the apps were top notch. To make a long story short, we stayed for dinner and were so very pleased. I had a rack of lamb that melted in you mouth and my wife had the soft shelled crab entree that was just out of this world! The menu is vast and our goal is to return many times to try it all!

The Naples Family
Joey & Lee Ann

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John E, Owner at Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Joey & Lee Ann,
We are so happy that you have enjoyed our restaurant. Our goal is to please our customers. Since it has only been about 6 months since we opened, we hope that our new approach will please everyone! Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us and we hope to wait on you for many years to come!
New Freedom, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Seafood meal I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

2nd night on Marathon and we chose Steak and Lobster House for dinner. It was amazing. The waiter joked with our kids and made easy conversation. My husband and I both had specials....mahi mahi, scallops and crab cake for my husband with steamed veggies. skewered lobster tails and scallops with grilled veggies for me. The boys had cheeseburger and fried shrimp(very nice portions).
Meal came with bread basket. I would definitely eat there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
John E, Owner at Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thanks for making our day Mackenzie! We are delighted to read your review and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!!! We hope to see you again as it would be our pleasure to serve you!!!
Palm Beach, Florida
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a very good dining experience. Our server, Josh did a good job and everyone in our party was happy with their food. The Veal Oscar that I ordered was more than I could finish and at less than $25 it was a bargain. It was topped with a giant scoop of fresh crabmeat. Everyone left full and happy! Would return again!

Visited July 2014
John E, Owner at Florida Keys Steak and Lobster House, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with your meal and your service. Please come back soon and it will be our pleasure to serve you!!!
“Not a fan”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I knew that the food was going to be less than average when the menu was the size of a diner menu. My husband and I shared the steamed clams which were good. I had stuffed keys shrimp. The stuffing was supposed to be crab but it was mostly bread, no flavor. My husband and our friend had the steaks which were really good. The wife had shrimp scamp which was served in a bowl with no pasta.

I am sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your dining experience. Our stuffed shrimp is stuffed with crabmeat stuffing that consists of 80% crabmeat and 20% bread soaked in milk in order to make the stuffing hold together and is pre spiced to satisfy the average persons pallet. We hesitate to overspice any of our dishes because it might offend some people. The shrimp scampi is offered as an entrée with your choice of 2 sides. Included in those sides is pasta amongst other starches and vegetables. I am sorry you expected it to be over pasta but you could have ordered it that way. As far as our vast menu goes, our goal is to satisfy all of our customers by having something for everyone. I can assure you that everything on our menu is top quality and fresh. We hope you will return on your next trip to the keys. Thank you