“Quiet, lovely, romantic, CALM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seashell Beach Resort

You added Seashell Beach Resort to your Saves list
Seashell Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   57612 Overseas Highway, Mile Marker 57.5, Marathon, FL 33050   |
Offers & Announcements
Special Deal Call Direct
Ranked #11 of 19 Marathon B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Florida
“Quiet, lovely, romantic, CALM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

We stayed @ the Seashell during a horrific storm where everything in the keys was flooded from key largo to key west. Tho there was some flooding in our lovely little inexpensive sea level room, we were offered a top shelf room for the following nights @the same price. Well appointed, w kitchen, & well decorated w beautiful ocean view as well as free kayak use & dockage available. Very quiet, serene & romantic. Highly recommended especially for the price!!

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Milton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

from the reviews I was a little hesitant but was informed from the manager at the hotel that the rooms are being redone and it was. the grounds are nice and clean they do a good job at keeping everything up, there is a beach but not one that slopes down to the waters edge but drops slightly, what leads to the water is a white sand/pebble and palm trees at the waters edge with two docks.plenty of parking so don't be stupid and park under a palm tree unless you look to make sure it doesn't have coconuts, there are two kayaks for your use while you are staying there. I think people that write reviews have there heads somewhere in a dark place.I'm picky on the places I stay and this place surprised me and yes they are remodeling because I was talking to the contractor they hired I put that in there because a lot of places say that, then you get there its a lie

Room Tip: as of right now #3 small but cute
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Rooms here are small and the property a bit dated, but it was acceptable for me by myself. I probably wouldn't stay with my girlfriend. There's not really a beach to speak, more like just a shore and you probably won't spend any time on it. I'd go to Bahia Honda State Park for the beach just to the west. The smell from the ocean is very strong. The room 10A was clean, had a king bed in it, fridge, microwave and a tiny 16" flat screen TV that sat on top of the fridge. A/C was set to 72 when I arrived and worked quietly. No phone, but hey who needs a phone when your on the Keys. Host was friendly. I would come back by myself if I could get it for a budget price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011 via mobile

The motel is a concrete block on a bay where the trash is swept by the tides. The decaying seagrass and ocean trash smell awful. The only escape is at the end of the dock. The AC is classic window mounted and noisy. It's also on the overseas highway so it's really noisy.

The good side is that it has a launch for shallow draft boats and the staff is responsive and friendly but that's about it... Wish I could write a better review of this family place.

• Stayed August 2011
Coralville, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hubby and I were visiting the Keyes and decided to stay here overnight to break our journey back to Orlando.

The hotel website looked decent and had a long range picture of the hotel and a white, sandy beach. What the website doesn't say is that the beach is covered with seaweed and various other bits of litter. The smell in the 90 degree heat was terrible. The website also says that the resort is 1950's based. This is true - in so far as it looks like it hasn't been touched since the 1950's. The "resort" is sad, dated and dingy and in need of a good scrubbing.

I wasn't looking for anything fancy, I have stayed in various "cheap and cheerful hotels" and as long as the bed is clean and the room has a decent shower then I'm happy enough. I'm also not normally a negative person and try to see the good in things, but I'm having a hard time finding something nice to say about our room. The furnishings in the room were dated and dirty. We had a cheap plastic dining table, with chairs that were splitting - I was afraid to sit on either of them. I can live with "basic", but I have problems with "dirty." The bathroom was very cramped and had an unpleasant odour.

Please take my advice and spend a few extra dollars on a decent hotel. This one was disappointing and took some of the enjoyment out of our trip to the Keys.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Augusta, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

We made a room reservation online on 4/8/11 at the Sea Shell Beach Resort for 4/9/11. We arrived at the hotel prior to check in time on 4/9/11 to advise that we would not be back until late. We were asked to sign in by the female desk clerk but did not receive keys. We were told to come back and that the keys would be left in an envelope in a box. Prior to leaving, we looked around the property and saw that the hotel was not as advertised. The “white sandy beach” was not white and the shoreline was filled with seaweed and trash. The property appeared run-down. We left and went further down the road to try to find another hotel that had a vacancy to ensure we would have a place to stay. When we found a hotel with a vacancy, we called to cancel the reservation at the Sea Shell. We were told we could not cancel, that cancellations had to be made 7 days prior to arrival. This had not been specified on the website. We advised that we had made the reservation less than 24 hours earlier and had called within an hour of arriving at the hotel and prior to receiving keys to the room, but the clerk (name unknown) advised she would not cancel the reservation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Pembroke Pines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Have stayed here a number of times. It is family oriented resort. If you like quiet and enjoy a beautiful view of the ocean, stay here. Just remember, you choose your hotel stay for the purpose of your visit. IF you just want to get away and see the sights, go to Key West and NOT pay their high prices, this is a great alternative. Bring your food and cook, that will save you more money for other things you may want to do.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Seashell Beach Resort? Share your experiences!