“High End Cafeteria Food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
FL Keys
“High End Cafeteria Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

To be fair, Lu Lu’s has only been open a week or so. There is an indoor dining room and some outside seating, including a tiki bar. We dined outside at the tiki bar. Dining outside was detracted from by smokers and folks spraying bug repellant. There is a respectable selection of about 6 draft beers and the normal bottled lineup. The dinner menu includes appetizers, sandwiches in the $10 range and entrees in the $20 range. None of the apps overly tempted us. We opted for a cheeseburger with a side salad ($1.95 upcharge) and a grilled mahi sandwich. Our food came out with another couple’s who ordered quite a bit after we did. The fries were greasy, flabby, and luke warm. I received fries, though I had ordered a side salad. My burger, also lukewarm, was cooked about right and included the lettuce, tomato, and cheddar cheese. The burger did have a nice grilled flavor. My husband’s grilled mahi sandwich was pale, bore no grill marks, and was missing the grilled onions and remoulade sauce described on the menu. Our bartender was very personable and had a knack for remembering names. We will likely go back for a beer, but not for the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

“Good service, decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Service was very good for us, the food was nothing out of the ordinary but also pricey for what you got. They have burgers, sandwiches and salads and some bigger entrees but pricing was my biggest hurdle to get over. I will try it again for sure!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Rockledge, Florida
“terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I know this place is new but there is no excuse for slow poor service. and boxed food at expensive prices. givr them a year and then try them.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Marathon
“Eggceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

LuLu's just opened a restaurant in Marathon, FL last week. It is located at 75th Street. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We went for breakfast to try out the new place. I had a garden omelet with potatoes, and an english muffin. I live in Marathon and this is the best breakfast I've eaten at any restaurant in Marathon. I'm looking forward to trying lunch there. I took a peek at the lunch and dinner menu's which look great. There is a Tiki bar outside which is very nice and a garden area that you can walk around which is very pretty. I believe they will make the upstairs available for private parties. Highly recommend this new spot in town!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Slowest service, no communication between staff or staff to customers. Waited over an hour for two salads and coffee. Just opened, so hopefully they can get it together and improve because it couldn't get any worse.

• Visited May 2013