“Excellent Place to Dine” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Latin, Pizza, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Melbourne, Florida
“Excellent Place to Dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was the cleanest & most comfortable dining location we found on Marathon. Prices were nearly the same all over but you could eat for a little less here. The food was good & Merri the server was outstanding, even taking care of our ill companion with ginger ale & crackers. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013

79% Recommend
Boca Raton, Florida
“Amazing fun relaxing dinner on the water in the moonlight with great background music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I exhausted after a long day of sailing on the bay chose to go to this outdoor restaurant just steps away from our room at the holiday inn express.
As we walked in we were greeted by a very nice hostess who asked our preference to eat inside or out on the patio. There was a cool breeze blowing outside so we decided to eat on the patio
We sat down and immediately this adorable waitress Sue came and took our order. She brought us drinks and appetizers in what seemed like seconds. We had a Caesar salad and the special spinach goat cheese pizza. Both were delicious. For the main we ordered the crusted yellow tail with horse radish sauce. When the crusted yellow tail snapper arrived it was fried and neither my husband or I liked it. We sent it back and they happily brought us a new dish of blackened Yellowtail snapper instead. It was delicious. They also let us keep the side dish of the potato and green beans while we waited for the new dish. The new fish took all of 10 min and was then brought out with a whole new baked potato and green beans. It was delicious. We finished the meal with Sues recommendation of the fudge brownie with chocolate sauce and ice cream. It was the perfect ending to the perfect meal. She also bought us out little mints in the end. She was an amazing waitress.
She always made sure we were happy our drink glasses were filled and she was very personable and friendly. By the end of the meal a full moon had just come out to Complete the romantic ambiance with a cool breeze blowing in the background. It was perfect. The best part was the whole time choice classic rock sings which my husband and I love was being played over the speakers in the background the whole evening The bill was under 100 in the end which was very reasonable especially since we had 2 glasses of wine each. They also allow well behaved dogs as a cute yellow lab sat right next to us with his family on the patio. I highly recommend this restaurant for the good the ambiance the price and the music. You will not be disappointed. Don't forget to ask for sue as your waitress she is the best.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Good food, fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I nice little outdoor bar and restaurant - one of the better places I ate on the Keys. Very casual and enjoyable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Key Lime Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Tarpon Creek is an open-air, tiki styled restaurant on the water (not ocean front, however). The water keeps the dining area pleasant and inviting. I found the food to be very good, but slightly over priced. Again, the food was really good so the price in no way turned me off. The Cuban balls as an appetizer is a must as is the Key Lime Pie. While hard to find, once you do it is a very pleasant dining experience and you can walk by a few charter boats after dinner. I would recommend a visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“The view! The drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've stayed in the Keys several times and have always made this place one of my stops. The view of the mangroves and wildlife is wonderful. They also have incredible mojitos and a menu that is always trying something new. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. **** visitor tips *** They have a marina right next door that offers fishing charters, there is also a nice new hotel next door as well, the restaurant is open air tiki style.

• Visited March 2013