“Best subs in the Keys” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best subs in the Keys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This deli makes the best subs in the Keys. They use Boars Head deli meats, plus make specialty sandwiches like eggplant and chicken parm. I don't know where they get their bread from but it is terrific. They have some prepared salads that look good (I didn't try them). They use just the right combination of meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and oil / vinegar to be perfect (let them sit in the frige for an hour -- they're even better!). They'll make them with mayo or butter if you're that kind person (I pitty you). The ladies in the place are exceedingly friendly and always good to shoot the breeze with. Don't miss the liquor store which, while a little short on selection, has the best prices in Marathon.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Overpriced, not friendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I think I was overcharged for a bottle of vodka. The price on the shelf said $18.99 and I was charged $29.99. I blame myself for not questioning the guy at the register. But honestly this place gave me the creeps and I wanted to get out of there, it did not feel welcoming to outsiders. I feel like I was fleeced because they could tell I was not from around there, time to move on. Good luck if you go there, but I wish I would have known Walgreen's sold liquor, which is just up the street.

Visited June 2014
Key West, Florida
“Amazing subs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

A cute, clean deli tucked inside a liquor store with tables outside to eat on. Mostly, folks take these sandwiches here to go.
Boars head meats on homemade sub loaves that melt in your mouth. Great solution for lunch on the go, or for a day on the water. They do have regular sliced bread choices, kaisers, wraps, and croissants too. However, get the sub roll. I buy these bread loaves to serve guests at dinner parties at my home. They are that good!
Most sandwiches are $10 with a few running to a max of $14. They are big and cab be easily shared.
Five stars!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Marathon, Florida
“BEST SUBS IN FLORIDA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Coming from the North, and always have a good cheesesteak sub or meat sub, this place is number one. The staff is helpful and the owner Ralph is a nice man. If you do not like something there he will listen to you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Surprize!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great subs. Our favorite brand of lunch meat was used and lots of meat on the rolls! Good selection of sandwiches and wines, beer and liquor.

Visited May 2014