“Had a great meal” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery
Description: Brutus Seafood is a fresh seafood market and full service restaurant who offers a wide range of signature sandwiches, salads and dinner entrees with unique daily specials. We feature only the freshest local seafood from the Florida Keys, certified Angus beef, slow cooked ribs, and delicious pasta dishes. Our cool relaxed tiki is the perfect place to enjoy your next meal! Brutus Seafood also offers fresh, in season seafood, and prepared homemade seafood salads. We also ship our fresh seafood anywhere in the continental United States. We are a family operated business who has been in the seafood industry for over 30 years. Stop in for lunch or dinner and be welcomed by our friendly staff!
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Had a great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had takeout and were very impressed. The place appeared to be well cared for and very clean. The food once we got home was excellent. Buffalo mahi bites were great, kind of different but great. The conch chowder was okay, not my best not my worst. The shrimp melt sandwich was fantastic. We will definitely be going back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Inverness, Florida
“Fresh seafood is FRESH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Salads, fish, hit pastrami sandwiches, soups all excellent. Service excellent. We try to get in by 11:45 to beat the lunch crowd. Price value excellent,

Visited February 2014
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Another sleeper!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I've driven past this place a hundred times. The parking lot was always full, so I decided to try it today. Great food and service. Glad I tried it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashua
“Can rival fish plates of New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have had my fair share of fish and chip plates from London to Los Angeles and this being one of the more memorable. Fried group, tasty, pieces not a filet very good, not sure of the portion weight but could have been a bit more. Coleslaw outstanding, yes coleslaw but done proper with a touch of celery seed and broccoli was fantastic. The rustic french fries were excellent and nicely cooked. Nice not putting the fish on top of the fries to steam and get soggy unlike many seafood places that want to make the plate look huge. Tried the bean salad that came with the Brutus fish sandwich, another great side. Sandwich looked great as well. One more fantastic thing is they have lemon! I have been ordering ice tea at various places for almost 3 weeks, I ask for lemon and they always put in a lime wedge? When I thanked the server I was rewarded with a ice tea to go with 3 lemon wedges. I am looking forward to a return and trying the fish tacos soon, go there!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Love their shrimp taco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great combination of blackened, naturally sweet shrimp, special sauce, fresh tortilla. I went back twice more on a recent 1- month visit to Marathon. Sad news is that they are closed Sundays. Not fancy or scenic , but seafood is great!