“Eat like a pig here” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Eat like a pig here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food is home style cooking....first time I ever had fried corn on the cob...It was delish. The only thing was that there were lots of flies. I'm not sure if maybe it's because there wasn't enough of a breeze or what. But I'm pretty sure one flew into my mouth. It's all picnic style, not fancy but good eats. I would prob not go back just because of the flies, but the food & music was great. Be adventurous and give it a try some time.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Magdajed, Owner at Porky's Bayside Restaurant and Marina, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Krissy,

Thank you for stopping by at Porky's! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our food, live entertainment and service. Sorry about the flies. Being an outdoor place in South Florida it is not easy to deal with mother nature:) You can always expect some flies or mosquitos. We are trying though to keep it under control. Some days are better, some worse. All depends on breeze, rain, humidity.
We hope you will come back some time and give us another try.
Porky's Team :)

“Motorcycle trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Great food, hospitality and service. Great live entertainment. Like the atmosphere. Awesome. Coming back for breakfast too.

Hello,

We are very excited that you liked our place.
We cannot wait to have the opportunity to serve you again:)

Texas City, Texas
“excelant burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stopped at Porky's after day tripping to Key West we had a full day and was a little tired and really hungry the service was fast and friendly the food was good and the atmosphere was something I wish I could take home with me and enjoy on a weekly basis

Visited May 2014
Thank you very much!
We are very happy that you enjoyed our food and service:)

Cannot wait to for next opportunity to serve you again!

Cape Canaveral, Florida
“Not the place for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Three stars is probably generous. This is not a very nice place; not clean and not well-kept. Decor is dollar bills and old license plates nailed to the ceiling and railing. A little I understand, but this floor is seriously unlevel. Ditto for our table -- table stays dry because any spills run immediately to your lap. Better view of US 1 than of the water.

Service was typical keys -- under-staffed and slow. Food was okay, but there is much better nearby. It's the only BBQ in the area, but we'll just wait until we are somewhere else.

Dear Customer,

We are very concerned you did not enjoy your experience at Porky's Bayside.
Porky's is one of very few local restaurants with the old keys décor, desired by visiting guests from all over the world. I wouldn't agree that the place is not clean neither well maintained. As you probably noticed there are a lot of projects in progress, however the old keys décor is the style of our place.
We hope you will give us another try and recognize the real keys ambiance.
Porky's Team :)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not impressed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I've been in the restaurant business for years and I love cute places like this but after checking it out the place seemed more dirty than "islandy"(as my friend called it). We went at night so you can't see the great atmosphere at night and it just felt dirty. Could be our arms sticking to the table. The staff is very friendly and kind. We had the ribs and didn't care for the flavor. My husband felt like they were boiled too long. They did fall off the bone and my friend loved adding hot sauce to hers. My friend loved the seafood chowder. I ordered the catch of the day, fried. It was yellow snapper and the batter and fish had no flavor. I had to pick through all the bones (but she told me that - so my fault). The fish was so small after the head and tail there was nothing left. Got a pitcher of ice cold beer for $8, so happy about that. Maybe we ordered the wrong stuff and should have come when you could see the view.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Magdajed, Owner at Porky's Bayside Restaurant and Marina, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for having dinner at Porky's and taking your time to share your opinion on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that your enjoyed our cold beer at a good price and that your friend liked our seafood chowder. We are definitely concerned that you found our place as dirty restaurant with sticky tables. As you noticed there are lots of projects in progress. The place is being repainted. We are also refreshing surfaces of all the tables. What you found sticky on the table was actually caused by heat and humidity, not dirt. We are rewashing our tables very frequently throughout the day, especially since we are an outdoor Floridian restaurant. We can promise you we should have all the tables refurbished within a month.
As it comes to the flavor of our ribs - sorry we did not meet your expectations. We smoke (not boil) hundreds of pounds of pork / beef / chicken daily and most customers are satisfied with flavor of our BBQ. Whole Yellowtail Snapper was maybe small after removing head and tail, but priced accordingly to its weight and one for sure - was caught on the day we serve it to you.
We hope you will try us out again at your next visit to Marathon :)