“Hurricane Restaurant (Attached to Resort)” 4 of 5 stars

Blackfin Resort and Marina
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   4650 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050   |
Ranked #10 of 19 Marathon B&B and Inns
Marathon, Florida
“Hurricane Restaurant (Attached to Resort)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We live here in Marathon, but wanted to give Kudos to the best bartender we have found since recently moving back to my hometown, Marathon. Katie, at the back bar is hands down the best bartender in Marathon. She is the epitome of grace under pressure on wing night when it is packed, and is a huge asset to the establishment. Even though it is packed on thurs nights. we know we will get great service if we sit at her bar. Cornelia, at the front bar is great as well, I just prefer to sit in back where the pool tables are, but she is awesome as well! This is from a local with 25 years bartending experience, so I am a great judge, and no hidden agenda, as I work elsewhere. In addition, I am a travel agent, last minute on Memorial Day weekend they still had 2 rooms and did not jack up the prices, and from what I hear are totally rennovated! (King rooms were 139 last minute...the Holiday Inn, though sold out had them originally starting at $210 for the holiday weekend which is average for the keys on a holiday.) I reccommend this resort wholeheartedly and the two bartenders listed above!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Deep River, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Refurbished room and bath made our stay pleasant. The grounds are well manicured and lovely and the pier/dock area hold gorgeous views . The resort reminds me of those where my parents stayed in the 1950s..simple pleasures.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

Our biggest regret was we only stayed here for one night. We arrived at 5pm and by 5.30pm had hired a kayak from the resort for $10 for half a day. The water and marina was lovely and spectacular. We saw a shark, angel fish an lots of birds. The swimming pool was very clean and heated. The wifi was quick and worked well in our room. The staff were helpful and attentive. At 7.30 we went to the manmade beach and watched a brilliant sunset.

• Stayed April 2012
Kinross, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

The desk clerk was very helpful when I arrived, suggested a couple place for dinner nearby. The room was very clean--I've stayed in name-brand chains that could take a lesson or 2 from this place! Nice looking marina in the back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I am currently staying at the Blackfin...and as you can see the wireless does in fact work. My room is clean as a whistle and there are no ants in site. Reading the reviews on this site almost caused me to stay elsewhere, but I am delighted I decided to stay here. My husband and I are really enjoying our stay. The staff is pleasant and the grounds are beautifully landscaped. The pool is clean and warm and beach view is amazing. Best yet, we are allowed our dogs...all three...for 5 dollars a night per nose. Everywhere else i called it was 25-30 dollars per night per dog. We are beyond pleased!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The owner was very accommodating to our needs. Private beach was exquisite. Pool was warm and clean. Great location to all of the Keys.
Would recommend to anyone traveling to the Keys.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Where do I start..... Wifi does not work, the phone in the room did not work.....No one was accessible after 10 p.m. The room is filthy, no carpet on floors...really small red ants everywhere.... flush in the restrooms does not work well, there was no bath tub in our room....there is hardly any force in the shower....there were no hangers to hang clothes.. no hair dryer...

The few advantages we noted were friendly manager willing to make accommodations and a pretty view of the gulf from the beach not the room... no views from any room..

On the whole it was not worth the money it costs... $ 170...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Blackfin Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!