“The besttttt” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Islamorada’s adrenaline water sports pros Otherside Boardsports haverecently opened Keys Cable and the Otherside Adventure Park. Keys Cable is a new watersports cable park where adventure sports enthusiasts and curious newcomers alike can safely and cost effectivelyparticipate in wakeboarding, wakeskating, waterskiing, kiteboarding and Stand Up Paddleboarding.Located on the ocean side at mile marker 59 on Grassy Key, Keys Cable has two 2-tower cable systems that are independently operated atop of a seven acre tidal lake. Keys Cable notes itself as the first cable park in the world to offer full kiteboarding instruction with most cable operators being kiteboarding instructors themselves.The park’s independently controlled systems give the operator the ability to create a fully customized ride, with the fastest possible rate of progression due to the 1:1 rider:operator Ratio. More cost-effective than running a boat or jet ski, Keys Cable offers cable time rates beginning at $22 for half an hour or $32 for an hour as well as two-hour, half day, full day, monthly, seasonal and annual passes. Planning a birthday party or have a large group looking to maximize your time? Keys Cable also offers private rental options starting at $150.00 for an hour with additional rates available for private coaching and gear rental.All equipment available for rent at Keys Cable is state of the art and top of the line from the most reputable brands in the industry. The Keys Cable coaching squad is led by part Owner and professional kiteboarder / wakeboarder Matt Sexton. Come out soon and check out our world class facility with an awesome Island Vibe!!Keys cable is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“The besttttt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

First time wakeboarding and so quickly they had me up and going and progressing amazingly! Staff is so friendly and helpful with giving out pointers. Highlyyyy recommend can't wait to go back!

Visited October 2013

Wilton, Connecticut
“Something fun and different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Wenlove this place! We spend a lot of time in the keys and were intriqued to find this place.
It was a blast! The folks that run it are soooo nice and helpful. We love the whole vibe. Well go each visit. I did it with my daughters age 14 and 11. We all loved it.

Visited August 2013
“Making a stop on your way to Key West? Stop at Keys Cable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Lets start of with the tips. I suggest that you go on a Monday - Thursday during a school year to avoid waits. If you plan to go on a Friday - Sunday, I suggest that you go in the morning as soon as they open at 11 am. Staff is really nice and helpful.
It was a blast! If you do well, you can even board over some ramps.

Jupiter, Florida
“HUGE FUN!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went to Marathon in the beginning of August for a week. When my family and I drove into Marathon, my 11 year old son did a double take as we passed Keys Cable on the ocean side of the Overseas Highway. Well, he didn't stop bugging me till we stopped by and checked it out. Matthew Sexton greeted us with a smile and made us feel welcome. My son had never tried this sport before, so I was apprehensive. Mathew took great care in instructing my son and my son had an awesome time. The price was reasonable and worth every penny. I highly recommended this for anyone who likes having fun. Thanks Matthew, see you next year. Katy & Tyler

Visited August 2013
“Exceeded my expectations, good people, good equipment.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had never tried wake or cable boarding before. The young people running the attraction were good looking, friendly, well informed, welcoming and good at teaching beginners. I am a fit 58 year old and visited Keys Cable with my strapping 25 year old nephew. Neither of us had any experience with this sport and both caught on well with the encouragement of the friendly coordinator. The facility was clean but was obviously affected by the limited development budget. The equipment, accessories and apparel were properly displayed and we felt right at home.
Conclusion, it was a great experience and I plan to return as soon as possible.

Visited August 2013
DaJefe, General Manager at Keys Cable, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Greg,
Thanks for your review and glad you had a great time! We take great pride in what we do and the services we offer, so after years of preparation and hard work it is an absolute pleasure to be able to provide these fun and healthy activities to the tourists and locals of the Florida Keys!

That being said the property which has made this business possible has gone through many transformations over the years, first a quarry, then a aquaculture facility, and now a watersports adventure park! After the aquaculture facility shut down the property laid vacant for a long time, during which the property was trashed by trespassers and heavily neglected. We spent months working countless hours cleaning up dumpster after dumpster of trash and did the best we could to make this more of a family friendly and business worthy environment.

As you mentioned in your comment we are a group of young business owners that have a strong passion and developed skill set for what we do. That being said our whole business is based and developed off an "organic growth" platform which encourages us to continue developing within our own means and without the aid of third party investors. While a downfall to this is that we don't have bottomless investment dollars to prune and polish this place the way we see it in our vision, it does ensure that we will provide the best possible experience to every customer that comes in, cause unlike large corporations, to us every dollar and positive experience counts! That also means that our growth is strongly dependent on the experiences had by our customers and the ways that they share them with future potential patrons. Outlets like Trip Advisor are the primary ways we get customers to spread the word about how our park operates and the experiences they can expect, so as you can imagine, our first "3 star" review deserved a management response! Bottom Line, our goal is to create something the way we think it should be done and provide a niche service down here that is not available anywhere else in the keys.

Thank you again for your review and sorry that our "limited development budget" did not provide a facility that was as attractive as our staff and your 25 year old nephew, who was indeed a "strapping" young lad! Hopefully the quality of your next experience will earn us those other two stars, we look forward to you and your group coming back out!

Cheers!