“Awesome, fun time with the kids!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 72 Activities in Marathon
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Islamorada’s adrenaline water sports pros Otherside Boardsports haverecently opened Keys Cable and the Otherside Adventure Park. Keys Cable is a new watersports cable park where adventure sports enthusiasts and curious newcomers alike can safely and cost effectivelyparticipate in wakeboarding, wakeskating, waterskiing, kiteboarding and Stand Up Paddleboarding.Located on the ocean side at mile marker 59 on Grassy Key, Keys Cable has two 2-tower cable systems that are independently operated atop of a seven acre tidal lake. Keys Cable notes itself as the first cable park in the world to offer full kiteboarding instruction with most cable operators being kiteboarding instructors themselves.The park’s independently controlled systems give the operator the ability to create a fully customized ride, with the fastest possible rate of progression due to the 1:1 rider:operator Ratio. More cost-effective than running a boat or jet ski, Keys Cable offers cable time rates beginning at $22 for half an hour or $32 for an hour as well as two-hour, half day, full day, monthly, seasonal and annual passes. Planning a birthday party or have a large group looking to maximize your time? Keys Cable also offers private rental options starting at $150.00 for an hour with additional rates available for private coaching and gear rental.All equipment available for rent at Keys Cable is state of the art and top of the line from the most reputable brands in the industry. The Keys Cable coaching squad is led by part Owner and professional kiteboarder / wakeboarder Matt Sexton. Come out soon and check out our world class facility with an awesome Island Vibe!!Keys cable is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
“Awesome, fun time with the kids!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellent service with well knowledgable staff. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting or passing through Marathon. Fun times for sure. Will definitely go again!!!!

Visited June 2013

“Very fun, exciting, and worth the time and money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Matt did a good job explaining how to wakeboard. Overall it was a great experience. Extremely fun and exciting!

Visited June 2013
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great way to improve my board skills for kite surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Part of our trip to Florida involved three days in the Florida Keys.

I'm a real novice at kite surfing but thought this might be an ideal time to have a go in some lovely weather, warm water, etc. rather than the opposite that I have at home in the UK.

So I had a look around online and it turned out that equipment hire was quite expensive so I totally discounted it as an option whilst visiting the Keys.

On our way down to Key West however we passed Keys Cable in Marathon and made a note to at least pull in on the way back past in a few days, even if it was just to watch.

So on the way home we pulled in and watched some guys wake skating (i'd never heard of it, but they seemed to be having great fun).

Once they were finished I spoke with the people running the place and they said one of the reasons they'd set this place up and had straight cable tows was that it also works really well for people who want to get more into kite surfing and want to practice their board skills... Turns out that's what I wanted to do AND it was reasonably priced, so I decided to have a go.

I was lucky enough to be there during a quiet period so I got an entire hour to myself with some basic instruction from a pro kiter Matthew Sexton. It didn't take long before I was easily staying up on the board (I was using a hired wakeboard, but I could have used a hired kite board if i'd wanted) and fairly confident in controlling my direction on the board. After a small break which included some more instruction, I was back in the water and performing kiting style basic turns at each end of the tow almost every time. I couldn't believe what I picked up in an hour on the tow when compared to the hours i'd spend failing around in the water with my kite. I can't wait to get back home and try out my new board skills with my kite now!

Great place, great people, great fun :)

Visited May 2013
“Amazing cable park experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

My first time at a cable park and I wanted to practice my board skills for kitesurfing, they had me up and going in no-time! The park is really fun, great location and the personalized attention and super cool staff made the experience 10 times better!
We will definitely come back!!

Visited April 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“This should be on every family's To-Do list if visiting the keys!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We are a family of 6....4 kids- ages 16, 14, 13, and 11. We were actually staying in Islamorada but decided to take the beautiful drive down to Marathon to experience this cable park we had heard about. The staff was experienced, professional, very friendly, and cool (according to our kids!). The instructors were giving great pointers to our kids- I have no doubt that they are able to get beginners up in no time. Our 16 year old daughter isn't as comfortable wakeboarding as her brothers yet all 4 of them nailed jumps! This was such a fun hour for our kids- we will definitely be returning next year!

On a side note, they do have a canopy/cover if you want to stay out of the sun while watching the fun~

Visited March 2013