“Elegant-fine cuisine-nice atmosphere-pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 84 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: This Marathon restaurant captures the character of a neighborhood eatery combined with the ambiance of traditional city fine dining spot. Not the typical 'island seafood spot', we showcase creative fish and seafood preparations, steakhouse beef and chops that are sizzling and flavorful. We feature diverse salads, small plates and decadent desserts. Our wines and spirits are unique and global, our atmosphere is warm and inviting.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Elegant-fine cuisine-nice atmosphere-pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Nice overall experience here. Small plates of cuisine, but has a pricey bill to follow. You do get a nice dish, but could stand to be a little more affordable. Dinner for one will be around $50. Great for a date night or a quiet night for that romantic moment. Would return, but will try other venues in the area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
AliciaPlazaGrill, Manager at Plaza Grill, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Greetings
Thank you for your review of the Plaza Grill in Marathon FL. I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with your dinning experience. We try to provide the best meals for the best price. Plaza tries to present a fine dinning atmosphere with best cuts and freshest seafood. It is hard for me to explain value as I do not know what you ordered, but all entrees come with potatoes or rice and vegetables. Our average meal is about $30.00, if cocktails are ordered of course it will be higher.
Again thank you for review, we find them very helpful. Customer input is very important to the success of any business. Please feel free to contact me directly and I hope you will try the Plaza again

Pete

Miami Beach, Florida
“High Price doesn't match the food quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

While striving to be high quality dining in the FL Keys, we found that the food quality didn't meet the high prices at the Plaza Grill. The ambiance is nice, the server seemed new but wanting to please, however the food is disappointingly average. Just a small additional point, charging $5+ for a soda was annoying, even for this Miami native.

Visited April 2014
AliciaPlazaGrill, Manager at Plaza Grill, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Greetings
Thank you for your review of the Plaza Grill in Marathon, FL. We try to read and respond to all reviews. I apologize that the food served did not meet your expectations. I wish you would have brought this to the manager's attention while you were there. The beverage charge is a one time charge and covers all soft drinks after the first. Once again thank you for your review and I truly hope you will give the Plaza another try. Please feel free to contact me directly with any other questions, comments,or your next reservation.
Pete
“Absolutely delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

From the stuffed goose martini to the best duck pate ever.. Living in key west it is hard to get up to marathon as often as I wish but with friends in town we took the trip to see Chef Bill.. I have followed him all over during my years in the keys.. My company choose the scallop dinner while I decided to get the black grouper special.. Everything was so amazing.. After dinner we decided to split the tiramisu between the four of us... It was a perfect portion. Totally worth the trip! Thank you for such a great experience and never letting is down!

AliciaPlazaGrill, Manager at Plaza Grill, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Plaza Grill in Marathon, FL. We truly are happy to hear you made the trip up from Key West to enjoy the Plaza. We appreciate the kind words about your experience, and I will pass them along to chef Bill. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next dinner reservation
Dover, Delaware
“star of the Florida Keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

far and away the nicest restaurant in the keys. fine dining abounds in this charming establishment. the head chef's masterful touch is felt and tasted in every dish. the service is magnificent, everything is as it should be. if you are looking for a fancy, fine dining experience, this is the hottest ticket in town.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your recent review of the Plaza Grill in Marathon,FL. We appreciate your kind words about your dinning experience and look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation .

Lindenhurst, New York
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I stopped here on a whim and were pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent the choices were very good and the service could not be better. Our waitress was named Noel and made everything comfortable and easy. It was a pleasure to spend some money there.

Visited April 2014
AliciaPlazaGrill, Manager at Plaza Grill, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Plaza Grill. We appreciate your kind words about your experience and look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or your next reservation. 305-731-9860.