“Good food, but way too expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 77 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: This Marathon restaurant captures the character of a neighborhood eatery combined with the ambiance of traditional city fine dining spot. Not the typical 'island seafood spot', we showcase creative fish and seafood preparations, steakhouse beef and chops that are sizzling and flavorful. We feature diverse salads, small plates and decadent desserts. Our wines and spirits are unique and global, our atmosphere is warm and inviting.
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Good food, but way too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The place is nice, but the food is way too expensive. I paid $17 for 2 scallops (considered a side) which I thought was a bit crazy. I also asked to have vegetables substituted for fries - the server said no problem, but never mentioned that it would be an additional $6, and I received 1 broccoli spear and about 12 baby green beans with a baby carrot. Also, very common wine is about $14 per glass. Bottom line, I travel all over the country and eat at some very nice restaurants - I am not afraid to spend $250 per person, or more for a meal - and I like to think I know a good meal when I eat one. Therefore, trust me when I say that this place is is overpriced.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Very disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Steak was overpriced and burnt. Risotto was alright. Overpriced as well. We just expected better for the price.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Food let down by the waiter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Great service from the bar and quality of the food were let down by the waiter. People were still finishing their appetizers when time main course was delivered which was completely unacceptable. A real shame as the food tasted excellent. Unfortunately we hadn't had time to digest the first course so didn't enjoy the main as much as we should have. Clearly the waiter / kitchen staff wanted to finish as quickly as they could. Real shame as it showed promise. Service and welcome from the bar tender was outstanding.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Danville
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went in not really knowing what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised, The staff was very nice and helpful with the menu (for the grand-daughter.) the food was excellent and our waitress, Lindsey, was great. We enjoyed out meal and the experience!

Visited June 2013
Marathon, Florida
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased when walking into Plaza Grill. We didnt have a reservation (we came on a Friday) but were seated without a problem. The decor is lovely and intimate feeling. The staff were all very friendly. Our waitress was outstanding. We had for a starter the Calamari which was served with a sweet chili sauce and a lemon aioli -delicious!! My husband had the Rack of Lamb that was cooked perfect and his mashed potatoes and vegetables were wonderfully prepared. I had Chicken ala Carmen (our waitress said it was a popular dish) now I know why! The chicken is prepared and served in a small cast iron skillet along with vegetables and mashed potatoes on the side. My husband and I were happy they served bread ( which is home baked) so we could dip the bread in the juices in my pan).I took some home so we could have dessert because I knew it would have to be outstanding. Our waitress said our selection we decided on was her families recipe for Fig bread pudding. I have to say it was the best we have had. The serving was very generous to share and was so delicious.This is a Restaurant that is not the usual of the Keys. We cant wait to go again!

• Visited May 2013