“THE TONY SOPRANO PIZZA IS A MUST!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 77 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Italian, Café, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Delivery
Description: BARICCI CAFE IS NOW OPEN! UNDER NEW FAMILY OWNERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT!! Baricci Cafe is now owned and OPERATED everyday by Michael & Katheryn Polsinelli with authentic Italian homemade cooking. Open for Lunch & ALL types of Catering! Our PASSION is your ENJOYMENT! Benvenuto alla dolce vita! (Welcome To The Good Life!)
florida
“THE TONY SOPRANO PIZZA IS A MUST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

My family found a little piece of New York in the keys and we will be back on our next visit. My daughter had the eggplant and my sons had a the NY cheesesteak, both of which were amazing. My husband and I had could decide between an Italian sub (thank God someone down here knows what prosciutto is) and a pizza, when the owners, Mike and Katie, recommended the Tony Soprano. It did not disappoint. We would highly recommend Barrici on all counts! We will back for seconds!!

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baricci, Owner at Baricci Cafe, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Hello volpih,

Nothing makes our hearts warmer or is more rewarding to us than hearing from folks like you that appreciate our efforts. There are so many vacation destinations in the world and we are very happy that you chose the number one destination, Marathon! And of course we greatly appreciate the time you shared with us on your visit. We value your compliments very much and we would not exchange them or trade for the world! We hope that your trip was wonderful and that you have many stories to tell about a great time in the Keys. We know that our business is dependent on the great salesmanship of patrons like you. Thank you very much for visiting us while you were in Marathon. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!!

Marathon, Florida
“Newly reopened restaurant not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

This restaurant has been reopened for a few weeks so it was time to try it. I'm sorry I did. The food was less than mediocre and the service, possibly by one of the new owners, was terrible. She forgot the order three times and mixed it up when service. The chicken parmigiana was virtually tasteless with bagged mozzarella over the top. I couldn't get tap water but only bottled water that came from the Publix supermarket next door. The cheapest one can get.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baricci, Owner at Baricci Cafe, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Dear Sir, Ma'am

We believe that the customer is always right in regard to all businesses but of course this must be based on facts not speculation. To clarify this for you in the order you presented them in your review.

The first comment was in regard to the "Service". You changed your order three times and we do our best to accommodate ALL guests. Unfortunately this was holding up the service of your fellow patrons. Baricci Cafe is order and pick-up and does not offer table service which is clearly stated as you walk into our cafe. This was obviously important to you because of the condition in which you left at your table which was promptly cleaned when you left. The service and table side interaction and conversation is because we love people and yes, we are the owners there are no waiters or waitresses.

Next is your comments about the "tasteless" foods. We are not sure what you mean in that respect because the sauce on the chicken parmigiana is freshly made in our kitchen with much garlic, fresh onion, lots of fresh basil and imported wine. If anything, we have people comment the opposite and that all of our food is incredibly full of flavor.

Next is the "bagged cheese". Sir, ma'am. This is a complete and utter stab at our small business. You cannot make that comment nor assume this is true. You are making a comment based on what you feel is an educated guess and because you do not work in our kitchen, on this account I have to say the customer is wrong. Please do not be "slanderous" because you may have been having a bad day.

Last but not least is the comment about TAP water and cheap bottled water. We are a business and we are here to continue to serve the community. The only sinks we have in our restaurants are hand wash sinks, dishwashing sinks, and bathroom sinks. We would never serve our guests water from any of those. WE carry Nestle water every day for sale to our paying customers but being that you were insistent on not wanting to pay for the premium water, we offered you and you accepted the "cheaper " water from Publix that we and our staff drink every day and is more sanitary than drinking from a hand wash sink.

Hopefully, you will return to Baricci Cafe when you are having a better day and please let us know while you are here what, if anything we can do to please you. We will most certainly do our very best to make you very happy.

Mike & Kate
"The Owners"
Marathon, Florida
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Aside from the fact the new owners are friendly and accommodating, the restaurant is immaculate and the food is incredible! They're breakfast fritata is the best I've ever eaten. This is most definitely our new default breakfast place... and lunch place... and probably our dinner place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baricci, Owner at Baricci Cafe, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
We are so very happy that you enjoy Baricci Cafe. Thank you so much for your king words and compliments. We love putting our heart and soul into our passion for good food, customer service and a warm and comfortable atmosphere. And we are very excited to hear these compliments. We feel like we are doing our job well. We look forward to seeing you each time you come in and we love the feeling of welcome and friendship here in Marathon.

Mike & Katie Polsinelli
“Sweet mother of Italy, the new owners are INCREDIBLE! !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

All I can say is WOW. Never mind that I am gonna say more!!! New owners + fresh ingredients + fresh takes on the classics = one happy dude!!! I did not expect much until I walked in and BOOM the wonderful smells almost knocked me out. The new owner instantly made me feel like I was one of the family!! I told them that if the food tasted as good as it smells that I'm moving in!!! The owner actually went and got a tape measure and started measuring off space for our "private booth". Funny folks. The meatballs are flawless, the bread fresh baked, the pasta perfectly cooked, and that gravy... wow. Go check this place out. A breath of fresh Italian air.

Baricci, Owner at Baricci Cafe, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
All we can say is "WOW" also! Thank you for the compliments!! We are grateful and it makes us so happy that you enjoyed your visit to Baricci Cafe and we hope to see you back soon. We are learning "The "Steps to Success" and they begin with a handshake and continue with your valued business. Again, Thanks for the kind words. Please come visit us again next time you are in Marathon!

Orlando, Florida, United States
“A taste of New York”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

My wife and I happened upon th Baricci cafe in Marathon next to the Publix and we were supprised by the authentic Italian New York Deli feel to the place my Eggplant Parm was perfect and Susan s antipasto was fresh and full of treats. Price was reasonable. If I'm in Marathon I will come back
Marty Lieberman

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baricci, Owner at Baricci Cafe, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Thank you so much for stopping in and for your compliments. It makes us very happy that you were pleased and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Marathon!