“A taste of New York” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 72 Restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: American, Italian, Healthy, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery
Description: BARICCI CAFE will re-open MID-OCTOBER Under NEW FAMILY OWNERSHIP!! Baricci Cafe will be owned and OPERATED everyday by Michael & Katheryn Polsinelli with authentic Italian homemade cooking. Our PASSION is your ENJOYMENT! Benvenuto alla dolce vita! (Welcome To The Good Life!)
Orlando, Florida, United States
“A taste of New York”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014 NEW

My wife and I happened upon th Baricci cafe in Marathon next to the Publix and we were supprised by the authentic Italian New York Deli feel to the place my Eggplant Parm was perfect and Susan s antipasto was fresh and full of treats. Price was reasonable. If I'm in Marathon I will come back
Marty Lieberman

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baricci, Owner at Baricci Cafe, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for stopping in and for your compliments. It makes us very happy that you were pleased and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Marathon!

Best Regards,
Mike & Katie

“Best Cappuccino and cannoli in the Keys!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014 NEW via mobile

Under new management, Barrici's is even better than under original owner. Excellent frittata, superior cappuccino and delicious cannoli. Nicest couple own, cook and serve. Highly recommend. Will return to try eggplant parm and pizza with homemade sauce!!

• Visited October 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baricci, Owner at Baricci Cafe, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you so much for your kind words and appreciation of our efforts. And thank you for welcoming us to the community. We hope to get better and better with each day that passes . We will do whatever it takes to provide you with the best possible food, service and hospitality. We fell in love with Marathon and we wish nothing more than to be successful and make many friends here. Again, thank you for the compliments. We look forward so seeing you as a "regular" and we will earn that privilege.

Best Regards,

Mike & Katie
Marathon, Florida
“Old Bread & Stale Cannoli”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Need I say more? Well for those of you not convinced with my title above... Let me describe my first visit. Lunch hour rush it was not. We were the only ones there but it took a half hour for take-out of a slice of pizza and turkey sandwich. We added desserts (bad choice). The pizza was more like ragu sauce on a slice of paper. The sandwich had a few thin slices of turkey that sat on yesterday's far from fresh bread AND to boot, they got the order wrong bc we had ordered it on a panini. (FYI the prior owners baked their own bread, these people don't).
We laughed our heads off after we took a couple bites and had to throw it all away!!!! Never again! Sad to post this but if you're brave, maybe you'll give them a try. As for me, McDonald's here I come!

Baricci, Owner at Baricci Cafe, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello,

Kate and I are not really sure what we may have done to offend you or what you have against the name "Baricci Cafe". But obviously something is troubling you since we got our first negative review from you 5 weeks before we even opened our doors. We do not know you and I assume that you do not know us because we have just recently decided to make a life here in Marathon and moved here only 45 days ago.

We were actually working on cleaning up the mess that was made by the previous owners by completely gutting and cleaning the layers of grease and filth that were left behind and we did so for over a month on our hands and knees so that our dream of trying to have a successful small business and becoming part of the community would be possible. But in a clean, legal and sanitary restaurant.

Unlike the previous owners, we have a license to do business, We have followed and exceeded all Board of health, Building, and Fire Codes. We have our Food Manager Certifications and we are ALWAYS present at our little Cafe. All of these things did NOT apply with the previous owners.

We believe that not only serving our clients but being there and hearing their "genuine" comments and suggestions and working with them to achieve success is the most important thing. But if we do not hear any concerns or complaints at the point of sale, we have no way of knowing that you were not happy.

This would only lead us to believe that you review(s) of Baricci Cafe (5 weeks before we opened & on our opening day) are in some way meant to be vengeful or hurtful to us personally for some reason and not the result of poor food or service. It seems as though you could not wait to come into our life's passion and dream and take your best shot at killing it. This is the reason of course for the first 1 star poor rating shortly after we even took the keys. If there was seriously a problem with your order, why did you not say so and we would have made it right by either fixing the problem, not charging you, substituting it for something else, or just learning from the experience and try to make you happy.

As I mentioned earlier, you obviously do not have a problem with the food but a problem with us for some unexplained reason or as most civilized people would have done, you would have just been honest with us and we would have done everything in our power to make you happy. But to be blindsided is again just a sad persons way to hurt someone and their dream.

All of this being said, I would love to invite you back for a complimentary meal and this time if there is a problem with the food please tell us with us and I can assure you that you will be happy when you leave. OR if it is fact that we bought the Cafe and you just want to be hurtful, tell us and let's discuss your issues. OR if there is some other reason that you have for complaining about a restaurant 5 weeks before it opens, tell us and we will try to understand.

We have uprooted our family and decided to become part of this community and live our dream. If this something that upsets you, I truly will pray for you. But please do not throw stones at people that you do not know. Especially without trying to give them an opportunity to make you happy by being honest with them face to face. You may be surprised at the result.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We hope that we can change your opinion of Baricci Cafe some day, You are welcome to come in any time and we will do our best to do so.

Best Regards & Have A Blessed Day,

Michael & Katheryn Polsinelli
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“What a hot mess…”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

Place was packed thought I give it a try. Found out reason it was busy is people went in but didnt come out. 1 person behind counter and one cook. No one getting food, it was sad.

Baricci, Owner at Baricci Cafe, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Hello John,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with the previous owners. We hope you will be delighted to hear that all of this is about to change. DRAMATICALLY! The previous owner was unfortunately unlicensed, un-inspected, unauthorized to operate in the state and an absentee owner that had no experience in the industry. Hence, the careless and insufficient service and inferior food.

Believe me, we are hearing plenty of comments about the prior operation. This is why we are only Baricci Cafe in name. My name is Michael and my wife is Kate. We have totally cleaned out, remodeled, repainted and set this cafe up for a mid-October opening. The operation will not be short staffed and the food will be great and that is a promise. We will have the staff and both my wife and myself will be there every operational moment, before, and after hours to make sure that Baricci Cafe is THE place to go for breakfast and lunch while in Marathon.

We hope that you understand that this is a new business with new owners, new food, new management and staff and a new attitude.

We also hope that you give us a visit so you can give a true rating to our business rather than a rating based on a previous owner, a previous restaurant, and a completely inadequate operation. I am certain you will be impressed. We look forward to seeing you!

Michael & Katheryn Polsinelli

Our PASSION is your ENJOYMENT!
Benvenuto alla dolce vita! (Welcome To The Good Life!)
Marathon, Florida
“New Owners coming soom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Can't wait for the new owners of Barricci Cafe to Open. It seems really promising after the last owner.
The original owners were great and ran a really nice place then it was sold to someone who knew nothing about the restaurant business.needless to say it was not good.
Now a new couple have purchased it and will be opening in the fall. I have met and like them and their ideas.
the rest remains to be seem.

Visited August 2014