“Fuel for the trip home” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 72 restaurants in Marathon
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Cuban restaurant offering amazing sandwiches, fresh juices, sweet desserts, & seasonal produce.
North Carolina
“Fuel for the trip home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in this morning for our second visit prior to our long drive home. Great Cuban coffee and a ham egg and cheese sandwich. Worth a try when you are in town

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Loved it. Right across from Tranquility Bay resort. Great Cuban food and super cheap tasty breakfast!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Awesome Juice and Cuban Sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Was staying across the street at Tranquility Bay and visited this place several times. Really enjoyed the food. The Guava juice was amazing. Like seriously. Just buy the half gallon. It goes really well with rum.

The cuban sandwiches are huge, and delish. Prices are great. Definitely give it a shot. Oh yeah, be sure to ask about their Cuban Fries...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge
“Friendly Cuban Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Looking for food near the Sea Turtle Hospital and found this great place!
I had breakfast - great cuban coffee/ham/eggs/cuban break toast - simple but delicious!
We came back the next day on our way home. Really friendly people, told us all about
the refugee boat on the patio. We got plantains with our eggs this time and
sandwiches to take on the plane. My shredded beef was pretty soggy by the time I
ate but still delicious!

Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, my wife and I were very excited to try this place for lunch. I am sad to say that we left feeling a little disappointed. It is very much a "hole in the wall" type place, in a small building right across the street from Tranquility Bay Resort (where we stayed) and the Turtle Hospital. The interior is basic but clean, and there is a large covered outdoor patio on the side of the building.

I ordered the Sloppy Cuban Sandwich after reading a favorable review on TripAdvisor. It was just OK. It consisted of shredded meat and a few chopped onions in sauce on Cuban bread. I had fries on the side. My wife had a shredded pork sandwich, which was also average. She didn't bother finishing it. I wish we had ordered one of their main plate entrees so we could have tried more of their side dishes. Maybe they would have been better.

We had mixed juices with combinations of mango, passion fruit, and guava (I think). They were good and refreshing on a hot day.

The service was simply adequate. The woman behind the counter did not offer to answer any questions about the menu or give any suggestions. She simply stood there and stared at us while we looked through the menu and decided what to order. She said nothing to us as she brought our food to us and put it on our table. Likewise, the older woman from the kitchen came out to sit in the dining room and eat a candy bar at one point. She didn't even acknowledge us, even though we were sitting at the table right next to hers.

I definitely would not go out of my way to go to this place, and I probably wouldn't go back if I was vacationing in the Keys. There are too many other restaurants that I would like to try!

• Visited May 2013