“Get the Cuban!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Lansing, Michigan
“Get the Cuban!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

This place can be easily overlooked. It is tucked off the main road in a strip mall area just over one of the bridges. If you want a good deli style sandwich, this is the place.

I am addicted to Cuban sandwiches. If it is featured on a menu, I will order it.

I figured I would have a good shot at finding a Cuban sandwich in South Florida and I was glad that I stopped in here to get a "to-go" lunch for the family. Naturally, I ordered the Cuban. My wife also ordered it and we were not disappointed. It was the real deal. From the ham to the seasoned pork to the pickles and the toasted pressed bread that has a little hint of sweetness to it this sandwich was awesome. I would also note that it was a good sized sandwich that was well worth the 9 bucks.

The owner was in the restaurant at the time and seemed very laid back but extremely nice. It was nice going to a local establishment for lunch and to help out a small business as opposed to doing the traditional Subway or McDonalds. Well worth a trip to get the Cuban!

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

arkansas
“Check your order”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

quick food, cannot seem to get your order right, Maybe it is just for the delivery ones. But it is never as you order it over the phone, no matter how many times you state it.

Visited November 2011
Miami, Florida
“Get your Cuban fix at Laurie's Deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This deli shop is located in a strip mall right next to Office Depot. It's kind of small so I was unsure whether to go or not but they were so friendly over the phone I decided to give it a try. I was super happy I did. They custom make your deli sandwich -had the pastrami with Swiss grilled. Great portions nice quality meat reasonably priced. Plus, they have cuban treats like pastelito de guava, materva, cuban coffee for cotta Ito or cafe con leche. This was a great find for us in marathon!

• Visited July 2011