“Fun snorkel trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Starfish Snorkeling

Starfish Snorkeling
1248 Overseas Highway (MM 47. 5 Bayside), At the Sea Dog Charters Marina, Marathon, FL
+1 305-481-0407
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 72 Activities in Marathon
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Snorkel SOMBRERO LIGHTHOUSE & NATIONAL MARINE SANCTUARY - the third largest reef in the world - located six miles off-shore. This is the #1-rated reef in the Florida Keys for snorkeling!!!
NH
5 attraction reviews
“Fun snorkel trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Capt Arthur and Wendy were very good hosts! Had a good snorkel today! Lots of fish, coral, and a couple sea turtles. Great price!!!

Visited April 2014

Colorado
“Land Staff not straighforward”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was booked for a morning snorkel which was cancelled. I didn't appreciate the comments of the guy behind the counter. When I said I'd tried to call before coming down to the dock he said he 'must have been in the shower', and that the trip was cancelled due to wind. It seemed pretty calm to me in the a.m., and I came back later for the afternoon tour. A different person checked me in and when I voiced by suspicion: "There weren't enough people for the morning tour, huh?" she said YES. They cancelled due to not enough people to go out. By afternoon the wind HAD picked up and the water had swells. A couple of people (that we knew about) got seasick. From my perspective a morning excursion would have been better weather wise. I would have appreciated an honest answer the first time I asked and would ask more questions the next time.

Captain Arthur was knowledgeable and friendly as was the crew. Arthur knew what he was doing which was a big plus. The advertised toilet on board was not working though, and we didn't know that until we were out on the reef. There were 29 people on board including children who might have really need the head, but fortunately didn't. I was unhappy with that, it seemed unprofessional. They also had big signs on the dock area saying what an appropriate tip would be. Tacky.
I really couldn't wholeheartedly recommend them.

Visited March 2014
Bowdle, South Dakota
8 attraction reviews
“Fun Day!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was our first time snorkeling in Marathon and thoroughly enjoyed it. Captain Arthur and his wife, Wendy, were so pleasant and made us feel very safe. My husband had some issues with his breathing, etc. and they were very nice about it. Even had a little "incident" with a couple drifting too far away from the boat and they handled it very nicely. Would definitely go with them again!

Visited January 2014
Bangor, Maine
“If you do nothing else in Marathon, do this!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went snorkeling with Arthur (Capt) and Wendy (first mate/wife) and couldn't have had a better time! They are both very knowledgable and environ tally-aware. Most portably, if it weren't for Wendy, I'd have never gotten in the water and seen all the gorgeous fish and coral! I'd had a very bad scuba experience years ago and was happy to just have my hubby go in the water. Wendy was very kind and understanding, telling me to do whatever was comfortable for me -- even saying if I wanted to, I could just stick a toe in. A sock, even to me that I actually got in eventually and had a great time! Definitely, these folks are experts and safety is very important to them -- a beautiful 3 mile trip to the lighthouse, anchored and had a fabulous time-- you will, too!!!!

Visited February 2014
Hastings, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
“First time snorkeling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was my first time snorkeling. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The captain and his wife Wendy were very friendly. I saw them almost constantly counting heads to make sure everyone was alright and also pointing out fish, etc. to the people who were on the boat. The only thing I would've liked would be more direction in how to use the equipment. I was helped getting the equipment on, but being a first timer would've liked more instruction on how/what to do in the water....breathing, etc. Other than that, it was a great experience!

Visited February 2014