“Learned how to paddle with great instruction and had an awesome experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Florida Keys Kiteboarding

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 72 Activities in Marathon
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Florida Keys Kiteboarding and Stand Up Paddleboarding is located on the corner of US1 A1A and 112th Street in Marathon Florida Keys. Mile Marker 52.5 across the street from Burger King. The address is 11201 Overseas Highway, Marathon, Florida 33050. We offer Kiteboarding, Stand Up Paddleboarding, FlyBoarding, SUP Kiting, SUP Yoga, Longboard Skateboards, Spearfishing, Freediving, Fishing, Lobstering, Lessons, Rentals, Sales, Tours, Charters. Call Aaron Osters any time of the day!
“Learned how to paddle with great instruction and had an awesome experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The instructors were very friendly and professional. The equipment rented was well kept. I had a great time learning to paddle board, which is something I have wanted to try for a long time. After a short lesson we were able to take the boards out by ourselves into the ocean and enjoy the hour slotted by our Groupon. Will go back next time we visit the area.

Visited August 2013

Miami, Florida, United States
“Glad I did it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I took a kiteboarding lesson with Arron. I almost didn't do this because I'm 5'4", 110# and thought I wasn't strong enough to do something like this. Needless to say, it doesn't matter. It's all about technique and having a great instructor! By the end of one 2 hour lesson I was controlling the kite on my own and body surfing. I plan to go back for more lessons and I can't wait!!! Aaron is friendly, an excellent instructor and very patient. I not only found a new hobby but a great friend! Don't be scared, Do it!!!

Visited August 2013
Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent instruction and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I took two consecutive days of instruction with Aaron in March of 2013 and was very satisfied with
All aspects of Florida Keys Kiteboarding. The location on the highway in Marathon, the custom boat parked out back and the short ride to the Jack Tar Flats just off Vaca Cut was great. Aaron teaches off the boat in knee deep water and I found this to be a great way to learn. Aside from a beautiful location it was nice to be dragged throught the water when things went a little crazy with the kite early on. Body dragging was fun and easy. I would recommend using his wetsuit since my first day I wore my shorty and got scraped up a bit in the shallows. I cut my hand as well but just wore my sailing gloves the next day. I would probably do the same again, wear the gloves that is. I managed to get up on the board at the end of the second lesson for some short distances. All in all I feel like I got a great intro to Kite Boarding and enough instruction to do it safely on my own in the future. I highly recommend Aaron and his shop.

Visited March 2013
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
“My kite board lesson with Aaron”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had taken kite board lessons in Key West, St Pete, Bonaire and Cape Hatteras (it has been challenging for me). My lesson with Aaron was the best I have had anywhere. Aaron's technical instruction was excellent and his encouragement boosted my confidence so much more than anyone else had. I could only get up and ride short distances in one direction when I came to Aaron. At the end of my lesson, he told me that I had the fundamentals so get out there and practice. Within 5 sessions on my own at Veterans Park at the southern end of the 7 Mile Bridge I was getting up and riding in both directions.
Since this was my first time kite boarding in the Marathon area I might not have gone out by myself if not for Aaron's encouragement.

Thank you Aaron.

Sam

Visited January 2013
Laguna Beach, California
“Superb instruction, equipment, and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My good friend and I recently found Aaron Osters (and his terrific staff) by seaching for kiteboarding instruction via the web. We spent 8 days in Marathon, including several days with Aaron @ Florida Keys Kiteboarding. I could not be more pleased with the professionalism of this group. Aaron is a gifted educator/instructor, knows the equipment inside and out, and knows the fine art of customer service. My buddy, John, was new at kiteboarding but I was able to learn much that was left out when I learned. I can not speak more highly of this company and staff. If you find yourself in Vaca Key (Marathon Key), Florida and want to kiteboard or learn to kiteboard, SUP, scuba dive, or spearfish - call Florida Keys Kiteboarding. Five stars!!

Visited November 2012
AaronOsters, Owner at Florida Keys Kiteboarding, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for the nice review! Looking forward to seeing you two again, come on down any time and enjoy the Florida Keys with us! Please do not hesitate to give us a call with any kiteboarding questions you may have.

Aaron Osters