“The Highlight of Our Keys Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Rockmart, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
“The Highlight of Our Keys Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Capt. Dale took us on a great two hour cruise. It was affordable and beautiful. The boat is clean, comfortable and well supplied with complimentary beverages. We saw dolphins and other wildlife. It was the perfect place to watch the sun go down.

Visited May 2011

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best trip on the water!!! Fun, relaxing and peaceful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

We were in the Keys for a family wedding and we all took a sunset cruise on the "Sirius" catamaran. Captain Dale and his crew were absolutely fantastic!!! They served drinks and talked with us. I spent a lot of time talking to Captain Dale, asking questions about sailing and local attractions. He and his crew made you feel like you were old friends. Being from the northeast, I don't get much time on the water. It doesn't get much better than watching the sunset on the ocean. It was an amazing experience!!

Visited March 2011
Marathon Shores, Florida
“If you like "laid back," and you are in Marathon, You have to experience this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Let me start by saying I grew up in the Keys, worked on sunset sail boats as a young man. and live here today. As of April '11, it had been a while since I had been on a "sunset cruise," or anything of the kind. I had some friends down for a visit recently, and I was looking for a nice laid back experience for them on their last night here, in Marathon. For many years, I have heard many good things about Capt. Dale throughout the community, but a good frend of mine suggested that I send my visitors out with this guy to top off their trip.
I decided to go along so we could enjoy their last night of vacation together; while content with the notion that my enjoyment would be solely vicarious. I could not have been more wrong!! Capt. Dale and his boat, collectively create an "aura" that will bring the most "hustle and bustle" related stress down to a soft, and gentle simmer. I must also add, that the "Sirius" departs from a restaurant, (Lazy Dayz) which has grade A+++ seafood,and a magnificent view. ( I suggest anything on the menu, but these guys really know how to pan sautee' seafood like no one's business!) All in all, this was a superb experience; even for a fellow who see's it every day! If you find yourself in the Keys because you are exhausted by the every day grind, do yourself a favor. Take a sunset cruise on the Sirius. Great experience!!

Visited April 2011
Montclair, New Jersey
“Fun and easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Nice people taking you out on a boat that is stable and comfortable. Great views, relaxing and fun. Took my 15 year old son and 4 month old infant. My wife and the boys all had a very Nice time! Thx Dale

Marathon, Florida
“The best sunset sailing cruise in Marathon, FL.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

The Sirius catamaran heads out of Lazy Days on 11th street in Marathon. That location offers the most famous sights in Marathon as a backdrop to the beautiful sunset -- The Sombrero Reef Lighthouse and the Seven Mile Bridge. Other sunset sailing excursions just can't compare to that. Thanks to Capt Dale and his crew who are both skilled and friendly, it was the highlight of the week! The Sirius is a wonderful boat, clean and sturdy with plenty of room for about 20 passengers. Romantic and fun, do not miss this opportunity!

Visited March 2011