This past weekend, we rented the hurricane boat from Captain Pips. The boat was pretty well worn, including a major crack in the floor, doors that did not close well and cushions that would not stay in place because they were held only by some old Velcro tape. The boat operated well and we had no problems during usage, but it was definitely not as nice as the last one we rented from Bud N' Mary's in Islamorada. After spending $300 plus fuel for the boat rental, they tacked on another $5.00 charge for a diving flag which was never disclosed as an additional charge. Then, they discovered some minor damage which I could not dispute as I had not inspected the propeller before or during our rental. To be clear, I am not asserting that there was any fraud here. After waiting 25 minutes for them to figure out how much to charge me, we paid for the damage and returned to our hotel. I then looked up the prices of some of the parts that we paid for and realized that we had been overcharged. Although I was told they had dozens of spare parts and probably get them at wholesale prices, and they fixed the problem in under 5 minutes, they charged us 20% more than what they retail prices were online for the same or comparable parts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy clean, comfortable accommodations with the use of a 20' boat during your stay. Choose from motel-style guest rooms, efficiencies or one- and two-bedroom apartments with either open-water or tropical garden views. World-class fishing and diving are only minutes from your door in the beautiful Florida Keys. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Captain Pip's Marina & Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Pip`s Marina And Hideaway
- Captain Pip`s Marina & Hideaway Hotel Marathon