“Great dive shop.” 5 of 5 stars

Toledo, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Great dive shop.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had a nice time with these guy's. Very through dive profile and nice boat. Nice dive masters and crew. Very professional group. Would use them again!

Visited October 2013

Falkirk, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable dive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went on a morning snorkel trip with Tildens after they were recommended by our hotel. There were 6 people on the trip so plenty of room on the boat. They have soft drinks and water available on board stored in an ice box or you can bring your own.

All equipment is provided, both 'dives' were to Lighthouse reef (although different sides of the reef) and each was about 45minutes which was loads of time to swim about.

The water was clear and there were lots of lovely fish including some big barracudas and a large moray eel.

Ballston Spa, New York
“Tilden's Steps Up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I decided to jump down to Marathon for some much needed rest and diving. When I found out the charter I was planning on using was unable to go out, not due to any fault of their own, they recommended Tilden's.
My wife and I had been there (Tilden's) several years ago when my wife's inflator hose developed a problem and the repair tech Scott handled it with ease and a smile.
On the other shops' recommendation , I called Tilden's and spoke with Mike.
Mike assured me they would do everything they could to get us in the water.
The month of September in the Keys, for diving, can be tough due to the slow in the season where there is a minimum number of divers needed to launch the boat.
I understand the cost of running a dive boat and Mike explained our best bet was indeed with Tilden's. This was due to access to their access to a complete second dive shop several miles and only a short drive away, The Duck Key Dive Shop. He promised me he could combine diver requests and maximize our chances of getting out. This promise would prove true later in the week and it was an excellent experience.
When we arrived at Tilden's we met Timie at the front counter, and she promptly let us know we indeed would be going out the next am, weather permitting of course, and after ironing out a few things for us I began to breath easier and enjoy myself.
While at the shop the next morning we began to become acquainted with the staff.
Timie let us in to get the paperwork done. Wendy, the shop owner came very close to selling my wife a video camera, and Mike introduced us to Captain Billy and the DM for our morning charter, Justin.
I need to say here I do DM in the northeast, so when I tell you these folks are good I mean it goes with very high marks.
The team here is very capable and motivated to make it safe and fun.
While diving the following week I observed a crew that was very well trained and had gobs of mileage in the water to back it up.
Mike, Timie, Justin, Kyle, and Sean (listed in the order of appearance) all in one way or another added to what amounted to a great time, when I wasn't even sure my wife and I were going to be able to get in the water.
I spoke at length with Wendy and found a shop owner who manages to provide state of the art facilities, have the right personnel doing what they do very well, and a desire to keep it that way.
I told the Dive Shop I work for that I will indeed be running trips in the future to Marathon and that Tilden's would be the destination.
Cadz

ky
12 attraction reviews
“They are great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went diving with Tildens 4 dives while in the Keys in Sept 2013. They were awesome to dive with. There were only two of us that were scheduled but they didn't cancel the trip we went anyway. We dove with the divemaster, Kyle, it was great we picked up 6 lobster between the 3 of us (requires lobster tag) which we had and so did the boat so you may not have needed one but we had one anyway. Kyle did a little spear fishing around the Delta Shoals and got a Hogfish and a Mangrove snapper of good size. We cooked them up that night and they were outstanding. We hadn't dove in a couple of years and they were patient and helpful. Great people to work with. I highly recommend them and will dive with them again the next time I am there. They work really hard to make sure you have a great time.

3 attraction reviews
“Awsome experience!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I would recommend Tilden's and the Duck Key dive shop to anyone looking for an awesome dive.

The staff has a lot of experience and it shows. They offer a great mix of safety, fun, local knowledge and great photography, which all added up to a safe and memorable dive experience at the Thunderbolt dive site. I want to thank the staff for making a dive which was little intimidating to me easy and fun.

Peter Eells