“Great Reef Fishing Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 72 Activities in Marathon
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Top Notch offers a variety of fishing trips year round seven days a week. We accommodate one to twelve passengers. Offshore, reef, wreck, bay, and flats fishing available to target dolphin, tuna, sailfish, snapper, grouper, kingfish, cobia, tarpon, bonefish, permit, barracuda and sharks. Also have swordfish trips and night fishing. Very experienced in tournaments, we specialize in light tackle, all live bait. Use custom rods with top of the line reels. Fully licensed and insured!
NC
“Great Reef Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

My family which includes an 11 year old daughter and a 14 year old son went fishing on Top Notch Chaters on June 13th. This was a birthday present for my son. Capt. Ariel and Mike were great. They worked with my entire my on what to do when trying to catch a fish and what to do once the fish is on. we caught grouper, snapper, shark, jacks and one ugly eel.

Visited June 2011

Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
“My Best Fishing Experience was with Captain Ariel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was by far the best fishing experience I have had in Florida. Captain Ariel is a great fisherman, hands down. I suggest a full day, split in two. First go to the reef so that everyone can have a great opportunity to catch a couple fish. Then spend the second half deep sea fishing, as there is a greater liklihood of catching few to no fish. As always, there is always the risk of a bad day, but the reef fishing in creases the probability of having a good one. We caught on the reef grouper, snapper, mackeral, and about two others that I cannot recall. Deep sea we had a great day, catching blackfin tuna and amberjack. We also got a sail on the line, but I lost it after about 20 min.

Although there are no guarantees in fishing, I think that Captain Ariel put us in the best position to have a great day and we were lucky to have one. He knew the best spots and took us right there. He takes care of all the bait and tackle, unless you want to give it a shot yourself. He filet's everything that you decide to keep.

WARNING: no bathroom on the boat. I'm fine with a bucket, but the girls had a harder time. They said they were thinking about getting a boat with a bathroom, but I would double check if that is on your "must have" list.

You do pay for what you get, but the rate is commensurate with other fishing boats in the area. It's not cheap, but they do not price guage.

Bring your cooler and sunscreen!

Visited January 2011
Rural Missouri
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I went out with Captain Ariel May 26 for a half day in the morning. I told him that we were new to ocean fishing and wanted to catch something that we could eat. Within 45 minutes he and first mate Reid put us on a school of dolphin. It was incredible! We caught 19 between us in about 15 minutes. Only two were keepers so he decided to move on. To make a long story short, in the four hours he put us on 6 schools of dolphin and we kept 20. We caught over sixty fish between the two of us. My wife caught the big one which was 42 inches in length. When we got back, they fileted them for us and put on a nice show with feeding the tarpon at the dock. We now have 32.5 lb of mahi mahi filets in the freezer. Talk about a nice half-day!
Both Captain Ariel and Reid were very professional and extremely helpful in teaching us what to do. It was our jobs to catch the fish and bring it to the boat. They then took the fish off and baited the hook again for us. I cannot express how much fun we had and I think that my wife actually try fishing again with me!

Mantua, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Capt. Ariel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Five of us went out on Top Notch, Capt Ariel on April 7th , 6 hour trip. We had a great day. Approx 50 Mahi Mahi , 23 keepers. He is a great Captain and a good guy. We will be back in Marathon next May and hope to do even better. We won't use anyone but Ariel.
Thanks Captain.
John B, Bob S, Rob S, John W. & Lou.

Visited April 2011
NE
“Your the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

I set my parents and their friends up for a half day fishing trip with Top Notch Fishing. I looked at quite a few different companies from the web. I can see why their named Top Notch (they live up to it, that's for sure). My parents and friends said it was their favorite thing they did while in Florida. If you like catching lots of fish I suggest you give Top Notch a try first. You won't find a better captain, that knows where to take you so you catch plenty of fish. Thanks Troy

Visited February 2011