“The worst ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bonefish Resort

Save Saved
You added Bonefish Resort to your Saves list
Bonefish Resort
1.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   58070 Overseas Hwy, M.M. 58 Oceanside, Marathon, FL 33050   |
Ranked #18 of 19 Marathon B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“The worst ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Caution! The hotel will charge you $25 even if you cancel months in advance. My father booked the hotel without first reading the reviews and when he cancelled the reservation, they charged $25 per room. . Be extra sure before you book and read the reviews carefully - most of them are horrible! They are desperate for your money!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manchester, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My husband and I went to Key West during Christmas, we booked a standard room in Bonefish Motel at noon and gave the owner our credit card information and everything. He told us to call him after we went back from Key West after 9pm. We trusted him that we got a place to stay at night and had a great time in Key West.

But UNFORTUNATELY, after we drove back to the motel around 11pm, we called his office like thousand times. Nobody was there, we could do nothing else but call his name MIKE, finally he woke up and told us he SOLD OUT the room which we booked!!!!

It was at midnight and we had NOWHERE to go!!!!! All the hotels are full, you can imagine during the Christmas time. Thanks for the nearby Holiday Inn, otherwise we could only stay in the car whole night!!!

I never saw the real room, but I definitely hate that guy whom you can not trust.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We really enjoyed the spacious room in a kind of a shed. This is a little and really charming hotel. The place is quiet, you can enjoy your meal in the garden, go to the swimming (which are at the number of three in the whole resort and you do have free access of all of them), and go back to your room. The beach is nice in the biggest hotel of the resort, and you can have a rest there if you want to. there is the dolphin research center nearby, marathon, and a natural and protected park. This is the good place to stop before going to Key west. I would go back there, and in this hotel next time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I must be the only one that is going to reverse the negativity. I could not find the place to begin with and was about to give up and think it was all a bad joke and I had done my hard earned!

After awhile I got some local help, was very polite asking for help! The Bush Telegraph works well in these parts. Once I had found it I approached what I thought were staff members As I could not see an Office. These people were a little standoffish to begin with, but I smiled and was polite. I walked up the road to YellowTail Resort.

I met a young man called Christian. The Penny finally dropped, this is bohemian, this is offbeat, go with it and all would be fine, and so began a great stay!

My room was excellent for what it is mean't to be - an old style "keys holiday bungalow".

My room was spotless, and the housekeeping staff friendly and I also adopted a pet cat that I fed each day!

Take it for what it is, chill out, leave the city attitude behind. The word spreads fast and the whole community will embrace you. If you want TV etc. On this holiday forget it - relax and enjoy a once in a lifetime bohemian experience

Room Tip: Near the pool!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a quick weekend getaway from Miami. The place isn't fancy, but is clean and has everything you could need. They've done a really great job with the pool/beach area which has a nice view. We had a wonderful, relaxing time. The staff was very friendly and we made good use of the full kitchen (including blender!) in the cottage room we stayed in (311).

• Stayed December 2011
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We were very disappointed and although we had prepaid for the room, we chose to stay somewhere else and "eat" the money we had already spent. The property was totally misrepresented by the pictures online. The rooms are very small - barely room to navigate between bed and walls. Cleanliness was questionable - spiders and webs on bathroom ceiling.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed for three nights and loved it. Perfect location. Rustic, charming and a real Keys experience. Highly recommened. Real characther!!!!

Close to Dolphin Research Center which is AMAZING!!!

Will definately be back next time i come to Florida!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Bonefish Resort? Share your experiences!