“A Special Little Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marathon
Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel
You added Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel to your Saves list
12020 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050   |
Ranked #2 of 19 Marathon B&B and Inns
Apopka, Florida, United States
“A Special Little Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were lucky to find this motel and truly enjoyed the relaxed Florida Key ambiance and the service provided by the motel's staff. Laura and Phil took care to make sure we had all we needed. They gave us great tips for local restaurants and fishing tours. The room was spacious, very clean, and beds were comfortable. Kitchenette was cute, functional, and gave us a great option to eating out. We enjoyed a lazy afternoon by the pool and found it to be sparkling clean and refreshing.

Next time we come back, we will bring our boat for more adventures!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We enjoyed the location, service and accommodations during our stay there. I would highly recommend it! Its close to lots of things, perfect for boaters, easy acess to the vaca cut. It truly feels like a well kept secret place to return to for years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We (family with 12-year-old kid) stayed at the Royal Hawaiian Motel for a few days in July 2012. It was a very pleasant stay and we can absolutely recommend the hotel / botel. Clean apartment, nice pool and BBQ area, charming atmosphere. Managers Laura and Phil took very good care of us and helped us out with anything we needed. Definitely we would stay here if we'd spend another holiday in Florida!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This place is unbelievable. I was met by the manager (Phil) upon arrival and was helped and instructed where to launch, dock my boat and park my trailer. Afterward we were shown our room which was tidy and very clean. The front of the hotel is landscaped in such manner that did not look like a hotel but more like a large Keys home. Although I did not go into the pool, it was also very clean and looked refreshing. The hotel has Bar B Ques for cooking. It is located in a strategic location where everything you would need is within a short walk or driving distance.
Opening the sliding glass door of the room led to the dock and our boat. Talk about convenience! The canal where you dock the boat is about a block away from Vaca Cut which has Gulf or Ocean access. Ice is available in the hotel for a nominal fee. Bait, fuel, and fishing gear is close which is also a convenience.
The only caveat I have is, our stay came and went at the blink of an eye. I"ll be back (soon)....
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Bring your boat!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked for Labor Day weekend. It was our first stay at the Royal Hawaiian and it won't be our last! We took our boat, it is so convenient to leave your room and have the boat right there. Price was great, the rooms were cozy, comfortable and extremely clean. The service was excellent. Laura and Phil were amazing, They told me the same people have owned the motel for 26 years! You can tell they take pride in keeping their property in great shape. I booked it based on the reviews and thought if everyone else reads reviews like I do I would give credit where credit is due! I highly recommend the Royal Hawaiian.

Room Tip: they have rooms with kitchenettes fully equipped or regular rooms, AC worked well, quiet rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went there in June for a family reunion. Nicest hosts, great bay and ocean access, boat parked right behind our rooms, fabulous pool. Fishing right off the back porch, cooking out on the patio, what could be better. Clean rooms and my sister had a kitchen so we could all get together for suppers. You cannot do better on Marathon Key than the Royal Hawaiian

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Absolutely the perfect place to stay. Rooms were extremely clean the pool was great loved the boat ramp it really made it easy to dock our jet ski's. Royal Hawaiian was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad I took his Advice... My Family and I will be back as soon as we can

LOVED IT!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel? Share your experiences!