“Holiday Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marathon
Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel
You added Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel to your Saves list
12020 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050   |
Ranked #2 of 19 Marathon B&B and Inns
“Holiday Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This place is unbelievable. I was met by the manager (Phil) upon arrival and was helped and instructed where to launch, dock my boat and park my trailer. Afterward we were shown our room which was tidy and very clean. The front of the hotel is landscaped in such manner that did not look like a hotel but more like a large Keys home. Although I did not go into the pool, it was also very clean and looked refreshing. The hotel has Bar B Ques for cooking. It is located in a strategic location where everything you would need is within a short walk or driving distance.
Opening the sliding glass door of the room led to the dock and our boat. Talk about convenience! The canal where you dock the boat is about a block away from Vaca Cut which has Gulf or Ocean access. Ice is available in the hotel for a nominal fee. Bait, fuel, and fishing gear is close which is also a convenience.
The only caveat I have is, our stay came and went at the blink of an eye. I"ll be back (soon)....
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Bring your boat!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked for Labor Day weekend. It was our first stay at the Royal Hawaiian and it won't be our last! We took our boat, it is so convenient to leave your room and have the boat right there. Price was great, the rooms were cozy, comfortable and extremely clean. The service was excellent. Laura and Phil were amazing, They told me the same people have owned the motel for 26 years! You can tell they take pride in keeping their property in great shape. I booked it based on the reviews and thought if everyone else reads reviews like I do I would give credit where credit is due! I highly recommend the Royal Hawaiian.

Room Tip: they have rooms with kitchenettes fully equipped or regular rooms, AC worked well, quiet rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went there in June for a family reunion. Nicest hosts, great bay and ocean access, boat parked right behind our rooms, fabulous pool. Fishing right off the back porch, cooking out on the patio, what could be better. Clean rooms and my sister had a kitchen so we could all get together for suppers. You cannot do better on Marathon Key than the Royal Hawaiian

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Absolutely the perfect place to stay. Rooms were extremely clean the pool was great loved the boat ramp it really made it easy to dock our jet ski's. Royal Hawaiian was recommended to me by a friend and I am so glad I took his Advice... My Family and I will be back as soon as we can

LOVED IT!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Both in the months of June and August this summer, we had the pleasure of staying at RHB. My sisters and brother were visiting from all around the country, Norfolk, VA, Philadelphia,PA, & Rochester,N.Y. They all loved the genuine hospitality provided by the gracious managers and owners of this amazing jewel on Marathon Key. Not only were we able to fish from the patio to our hearts content, but because we brought our boat, we took a few trips both on Florida Bay and the ocean side. Needless to say, you can catch fish anywhere in the Keys, but even mo down on Marathon Key. My sisters and brother enjoyed their stay so much, they are dying to return to this "home away from home." If you haven't stayed here yet, this is one special place to add to your bucket list!

Room Tip: The best rooms are numbers 6,7, or 8. These are larger and have a nice convenient kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed a couple of nights at the Royal Hawaiian while working the area and must say this place is the Florida Keys, quaint, clean, hospitable.

These types of Motels are a dying breed, a real taste of the Keys.

Loved it.

Aleida Fernandez

Room Tip: If you prepare your own meals stay in one of the efficiencies.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was looking for a small quiet place and friends of ours recommended this place to us...so we thought we would give it a try. SO GLAD we did. It's a GEM!! Room was very clean, well equiped and pool was also very clean. Hotel as its own boat ramp and provides dockage for your boat at NO extra charge. Loved that extra perk! Staff was great...very accomodating. Will definitely be back soon and will highly recommend this place to friends, co-workers, and family!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Hawaiian Motel / Botel? Share your experiences!