“Simple, but good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Sunset Inn
You added Sunset Inn to your Saves list
82200 Overseas Hwy, P.O. Box 561, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Detroit, Michigan
“Simple, but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The other reviews were spot on. The room was dated, but fully met our needs. We got a room in the back with a full kitchen. The extra space was great for all of our scuba gear. The pool was clean and warm. Bring your own shampoo and blow dryer.
Attached to the motel was a great, local breakfast spot - Mangrove Mikes - and an art shop. We picked up some local art that was framed by a repurposed lobster trap.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Deborah G, Owner at Sunset Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
thanks for the great review. We are constantly updating things as money allows. We strive to be clean and neat even though we are an older place. Mangrove Mike's is the best. My husband and I eat many lunches there. Come visit us again The fall is a great time to have the Keys to your selves--less people

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We headed to the Keys without planning much on where to stay. This place was recommended by the Tourism office. Simple place with clean and spacious rooms. We were given a double room with a back door to the pool, parking in front of the room. Our room was in the back, very quiet.
We discovered a restaurant nearby at walking distance to have breakfast to dinner: Lorelei. It was great watching the sunset while enjoying happy hour. We met Dennis (front desk) who was very helpful during our stay. I have recommended this hotel to many since our stay, and will definitely stay there the next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Deborah G, Owner at Sunset Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Dennis has been with us a long time and loves to help. WE are not the fancy place just clean and affordable. We are very centrally located, only 2 hours to Key West and 2 hours back to the Miami airport. The Lorelei is one of the reasons why my husband and I fell in love with Islamorada and to think it is walking distance! Please come see us again soon
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Found this gem when my son was a year old and have come back every trip to Islamorada. It is very family friendly. Every room opens to the Lovely pool, friendly helpful staff (Dennis has been right on with every recommendation). I love the old Florida and family appeal. Park right outside my door. The best location to beach, Lorelei and Mangrove Mikes Cafe. It is comfortable and clean. So it needs some renovation and repair, especially the bathrooms, but I will stay here for its charm over the Marriott any day! I am planning on my next trip there this summer. Boat trailer parking out back. The kitchenette was great when my son was little as well as the regular room. Best value in Islamorada

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Deborah G, Owner at Sunset Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
We are so glad you are pleased with us. We are the old Florida motel but that is what we like. We are not here to be the high priced motel that you can only afford one night. For those kind of prices you can stay 2 or 3 days with us.
We are in the process of doing upgrades to the motel. Last fall we did all new tile in the rooms and updated the kitchenettes. This spring we replaced several curtains. This fall we hope to start working on updating bathroom. This will be as time and money permits but want to at least start on them. Please come see us again and check out our progress.

Thanks for the Great reveiw.
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a true old world Florida hotel.The staff was amazing and went out of their way to accomodate us-beyond what one would expect ! The rooms are basic...but CLEAN. The pool and grounds are clean with an outstanding cafe on premise. I've heard of a few complaints on the web from people who think their getting a five star visit for such an amazingly affordable rate.You don't go to the keys to sit in a room!! The owners are among the nicest folks you will ever meet and will help you any way you can. Go ahead and pay $250 and up somewhere and let them bring you your $16 fruity drink in their white shorts-me....I'll be poolside,grilling up my catch,having a cold one at the Sunset Inn. Last time,1/2 the other guest came down and joined us....old Florida style,like it used to be !!!!!

Room Tip: Kichenettes available for a few bucks more with Winn Dixie about 6 miles out
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Deborah G, Owner at Sunset Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thanks for the Great Revew. We are family owned and strive to be friendly and helpful. We love to see our guests make new friends around the pool Please come see us again soon and thanks again for the review.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed for 7 days last year and going back again this year for another 7 days.
You can't beat the price. A friend of mine in Florida told me about this place and I'm glad she did. Pool is clean, Mangrove Mikes next door to eat and Lorelai down the back pathway.
Stay 7 and one night free also. Front desk great people. Saws lots of igaunas for the first time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Deborah G, Owner at Sunset Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thanks for the Great review. The iguanas are still around. We work hard to keep the rooms clean. We are glad you were satisfied. Look foward to seeing you again Thanks for the revew.
Sunrise, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hotel is inexpensive with very outdated furnishings. It is, however very clean. I wiped down the kitchen & bathroom counters with Clorox (I carry just in case) the rag was very clean, no stains, no dirt. We had a kitchenette with nice cabinet and clean utensils . The refrigerator was spotless. Bed was comfortable and sheets were very clean. Towels were skimpy/too light not good bath towels. We took own shampoo & dryer. They supplied plenty bath soup.
We stayed in room 115 and 123 and both were clean. Staff was nice and eager to help.
Pool was clean but the outer areas of hotel could use cleaning, Raking, sweeping of cigarette butts etc. Quiet 3 nights. Not the Hilton but If on a budget this is the place to come. We will be back. Don't like the pink & blue paint. Rooms need uplifting paint job.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool were quite.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Deborah G, Owner at Sunset Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for the review. Clean is what we strive for. I am glad you found both of your rooms to your satisfaction. We are contantly updating and upgrading as time and money permits. in the last year we did new tile floors, updated the kitchenette and bought new curtains. We have plans for doing some more things this fall, money and weather permitting. Please come see up again.
Walla Walla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my week-plus stay. Friendly management, clean rooms, excellent pool and very importantly, probably the best stay for the money in the Keys. Those seeking all the amenities of a five-star luxury hotel should look elsewhere but for me, this was a perfect base to roam the keys from Largo to West, scuba dive on Largo and do it on an amazing budget as well. Even though the hotel was fully booked during the time I was there it seemed that I almost had the swimming pool to myself on a couple days I decided to be lazy and not travel around the keys. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the Overseas Highway side ground floor because near the vehicle and had a large...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Deborah G, Owner at Sunset Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thanks for the Great review. You are right, we are not 5 star but we do try to be clean and affordable. Come see us again soon and take advantage of our week pricing again of stay 7 night and pay for 6-- get one night free. Thanks again for the great review.

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!