“Inviting simplicity” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Islamorada
Miami, Florida
“Inviting simplicity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

TThe rooms need an update, but if you like 90's style than you'll like it here.. I stayed in the high rise with the ocean view and Ive never been more compelled by the simple beauty of the earth's sea while floating on the third floor smoking a cigarette like I did those 2 nights I spent there. Very quiet, and the room smelling like linen. I had my own washer and dryer which was a bonus.. But its a great place, very down to earth resort and the front desk service was amazing as well, very nice locals who can tell you even some of the best restaurants in town. And the best part was the bar! iguanas was great, had a cold beer and watched a game with some of the other friendly guest there that night.. Overall I give this place a 4

• Stayed March 2014
DI I, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and took advantage of all we have to offer. You're right the views are amazing from the balconies of the highrise. We hope you get the opportunity to visit Islamorada again and choose to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The room was simple, I personally prefer. . but the view was incredible. I stayed for 3 nights and I Had a blast, renting a boat out at A1A and catching some real nice snapper with the family.. Cooked food in the room too.. But overall one of the most relaxing vacation

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so pleased you found your stay with us enjoyable and very relaxing. The views from that building are wonderful and we hope you get the chance to stay with us on your next visit.

Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was our worst hotel experience in the Keys.. The room was not properly cleaned... The bathtub had a plastic mat with slime underneath it... and the water didn't drain properly. And there was mildew growing on the tile grout... The room smelled moldy. Need I go on?

Oh, as for the sofa bed... sleeping on the sofa cushions was more comfortable than using the pullout mattress.

And although they advertise a tiki bar... It was non-existent.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Front desk attitude. Take it or leave it. Horrible beach front. Pull out couch sketchy.not something to look forward to lying on. Rusty moldy tub. Very$$$$ in Feb 349 with tax. Smell of Lysol and urine. Wish I could speak positively however the general attitude was one of not caring

• Stayed February 2014
Kelowna, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Booked in on line in route to the keys.Arrived to see 3 styles of accomidations.Got checked into the first building that was definitley out of the 50"s.Asked about upgrading(as the lot was empty)Then got moved to a condo unit,looked good,went out to dinner ,as we left turned on the air to cool the place down,came back to the air condtioner had become a heater and it was hotter yet!Went back to the office and the handyman knew it wasn't working ,so they moved us again.This unit took several hours to cool as well but eventually it did.For the price of $506.24 for two nights,I thought it should be a bit better than that!!!Just my opinion!!! To say nothing of the red ants crawling thw walls!!!I do trust most reviews I read and I hope this helps someone out in the future!!!

Marathon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We were passing through on our way down the Keys and very grateful to get in during a very busy Valentine's night of President's Day weekend. Michael was friendly and helpful. The Iguana Patio is a nice place to have drinks or breakfast, and it's a short walk to the marina.

Room Tip: The suite we were in (#503) was a split level with a carport. It was more than we needed that night...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DI I, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We hope you have the chance to stop by again on your next trip to the keys. You can always just stop in to enjoy the Iquana's Patio too!
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at the Days Inn last weekend and was excited to stay in a new place in Islamorada with an "ocean view." The complex looked a bit dated and the building where our room was probably has seen better days. For the price, the owners need to update a few things including: the elevator, our king bed, the A/C units, the dated joined doors to the next room where you can hear everything, and the breakfast area. Our bed was awful, probably the worst bed I've slept in in years, and I've stayed in many hotels. It sunk in the middle and made it seem like we were sleeping in someone's basement. Also there were rust stains on the walls near the A/C unit and other appliances. Like I said, the view was the only plus to this place and with the other options in town, I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: You may want to ask if the room has been updated. I'm not sure if this is in their plans, but i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Islamorada? Share your experiences!