“Worst customer service and experience ever!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn & Suites Islamorada to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Islamorada
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   82749 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Ranked #19 of 19 hotels in Islamorada
“Worst customer service and experience ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

From the 70s look as you drive in, to the rubble in the way as you are driving through a very narrow passage way to get to your "poolside villa" the place is a total put-off!! The very dirty front entrance to the room looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the 70s, the old and dirty fridge in the room looks like it's been around since the 70s, and the description of "villa" is the greatest misuse of the word in the history of the word VILLA. And the room being near the pool is laughable when you can't even see the pool from the room window. But it gets worse...when my daughter went to take a shower that evening and she was closing the shower curtain one side fell on her, and as she was thrown off balance she slipped on the very slippery tub--surely from years of inadequate cleaning--and the other side of the curtain fell on her as she fell down onto the tub. We ran to the shower and found that by a miracle she was okay. When we tried calling the front desk we noticed there were no phones in the room!! So I called on my cell phone, and for the next 20 minutes the phone rang with no answer. Finally the person that picked up said he couldn't come now because he was the only one on duty, but he would try to come to our room as soon as he could, and he would try to help us but that there was no one in maintenance available to fix the curtain. One hour passed, and since no one showed up I called again. I told the attendant that it was getting late and we needed to get to bed so we needed someone to come take a look very soon, and if this could not be fixed we would need extra towels because the floor in the bathroom was going to get very wet? He still said he couldn't come because he was the only one at the front desk, so I told him that I would go to the front desk to get the towels myself, but he said he couldn't give us towels because the laundry room was locked and he could not leave the front to unlock it but that he would try to get to our room right away. We waited for another 15 minutes and he finally showed up with some towels. He took a look at the shower curtain and said there was nothing he could do until the morning maintenance man came in. In the morning no one showed up to fix anything and we had to once again take showers in a bathroom devoid of a shower curtain. But this wasn't the worst thing it got much worse... when we checked out the manager-owner told us that we had broken the shower curtain and we were responsible for the cost of fixing it even though we explained exactly what had happened and that the evidence was in the room...On the side of the shower curtain that first came down the screws just came right out, the holes where the screws went in were clearly round, not ragged, and visibly just loose, but on the other side a small piece of tile broke off as my daughter lost her balance and she instinctively grabbed the curtain as it was coming down on her. But he insisted he was charging us for the damage. I was outraged because not only were we not responsible but my daughter could have gotten REALLY hurt, and we had to take showers under embarrassing and deplorable conditions. The shower curtain came down because of VERY POOR MAINTENANCE. I was livid that he would dare to treat us this way by pouring salt in the already bleeding wound! But my husband paid because we wanted to leave, but he wrote on the agreement that we were disputing this particular charge!! I contacted the hotel chain corporate office and I am now waiting for a response from them!! As I left the premises another family said they would be complaining about this hotel as well.

Stay in this place at your own peril!!!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DI I, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
In response to your review. We apologize that you feel that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We read all reviews and try to figure out how to best correct any situation that may or may not of occurred. To all readers just remember there is always more to the story.

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our stay at this facility was just awful.
The beds and mattresses were so old that they virtually collapsed when we just sat on them.
The "breakfast" they advertise is non-existent. It consists of a couple of plastic containers with sugary cereals and a thermos of coffee- set up on the counter of the office desk!
The people at the desk do not know anything and could care less- very rude and not helpful.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My family arrived on 2/11/13 and paid cash upfront for 5 days.The first day we went to pool where it smelled like sewage.My 7 year old son would not even go outside because of the stench.We stayed the night in room 508.Unfortunately,my husband and 7 year old son woke up at 5am itching all over which within in an hour turned into huge welts all over their neck,arms,stomach,hands and legs .we immediately called the front desk who inspected the room and bed with a flashlight.we found bed bugs plus urine stains and others pubic hairs on the mattress and pillows.The next step was getting a refund which they denied us!!we informed them we would stand outside of the hotel with big posters informing the public of what this place did.So next they called the sheriff to have us removed from property.the sheriff arrived and talked to the manager and did get us most of our money back in cash by having the manager go to the bank to get it.The days inn actually charge us for the one night we stayed.We just walked away to cut our losses.This place is disgusting and has no customer service nor compassion for what happen to my family.I am discarding all clothing luggage and purchasing new of which I will not get reimbursed.The worst is looking at my son and husband with these huge welts on their body.Stay Away-I took a chance and lost

• Stayed February 2013
DI I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
The property has no bugs! This guest simply wanted a free room. The sheriff had to remove guest and the room was inspected and deemed clean and bug free by authorities. We always stand behind our rooms and guests.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Do not book here, the hotel managers are very uncooperative. We cancelled our night stay outside the 24hrs due to a cancelled flight (out of our control) and the hotel took our money anyway ($179.00). Beware before u book, I was a loyal Days Inn brand customer , but not anymore. Enjoy the free money. Now I see why this hotel is last in the TripAdvisor ratings for hotels in the area.

Stayed January 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We planned to go to Islamorada to fish. The only hotel available was the Days Inn for 299 a night. Not usually a Days Inn user as I prefer higher end hotels. I was shocked at the price but figured it would be on the higher end of what D.I. usually offers due to the pricing index. It was the only hotel room available for at least 60 miles. We called everyone of them. So, D.I. it is. Upon arriving in the room we are met by the VERY dated decor and a room that is more along the lines of a section 8 efficiency apartment. There was a towel folded into the shape of swan. This would normally be a nice touch had the towel been clean and not looked as though there were some type of bodily fluid residue on it. Upon entering the bathroom to dispose of the offending towel, that was left on our bed, I nearly slipped and fell on the bathroom floor. This was the result of the orange cleaner that had been sprayed on the floor but not properly cleaned up. Strike two. Four of the five lights in the room did not work because the bulbs were burned out. The second tv did not work. When we folded the bed down we could tell that the sheets had not been changed for a number of reasons. The first reason being that there had been hair on them. Also the sheets did not have wrinkles like they had been folded, and I'm pretty sure that D.I. doesn't iron their sheets before putting them on the bed. When I called the front desk I was told that since they were short handed they would not be able to clean the room until at least 11 pm when there relief person arrived. I as a consumer should never know that you are short staffed. That is your problem and your problem alone to deal with. I asked if I could at least be shown to the linen closet so that I could get some clean linens and cleaning supplies in order to clean the room myself. Amazingly enough the staff did accommodate this request. What a joke. I paid $340 with the tax to stay in a hotel room that I had to clean ( do work) in order for it to be remotely inhabitable. We complained to corporate. D.I. is supposed to respond by phone within 3 business days. That did not happen. We finally got a letter on 1-8-13 after having stayed their on December 28th. It stated that they offered us the ability to check out with a full refund. Again, it was the only hotel for 60 miles, where would we go? That was also a lie we were never offered that because had we been we would have slept in my truck. They said they reviewed the room and found nothing wrong with it. I have the pictures to prove it and will be emailing it to D.I. corporate to see if it meets with their standards. The pictures will tell the real story. I'm just glad my kids weren't with me because I would have slept in my truck.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you want a good room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! They had great service and they were very accommodating to every need. Their water sports rental shop had many great activities, including kayaking. I was very happy with this hotel, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DI I, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are glad to hear you had a excellent time while staying with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Islamorada? Share your experiences!