“The hotel experience starts at booking until checkout.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn & Suites Islamorada to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Islamorada
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   82749 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Ranked #19 of 19 hotels in Islamorada
“The hotel experience starts at booking until checkout.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Do not book here, the hotel managers are very uncooperative. We cancelled our night stay outside the 24hrs due to a cancelled flight (out of our control) and the hotel took our money anyway ($179.00). Beware before u book, I was a loyal Days Inn brand customer , but not anymore. Enjoy the free money. Now I see why this hotel is last in the TripAdvisor ratings for hotels in the area.

Stayed January 2013

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We planned to go to Islamorada to fish. The only hotel available was the Days Inn for 299 a night. Not usually a Days Inn user as I prefer higher end hotels. I was shocked at the price but figured it would be on the higher end of what D.I. usually offers due to the pricing index. It was the only hotel room available for at least 60 miles. We called everyone of them. So, D.I. it is. Upon arriving in the room we are met by the VERY dated decor and a room that is more along the lines of a section 8 efficiency apartment. There was a towel folded into the shape of swan. This would normally be a nice touch had the towel been clean and not looked as though there were some type of bodily fluid residue on it. Upon entering the bathroom to dispose of the offending towel, that was left on our bed, I nearly slipped and fell on the bathroom floor. This was the result of the orange cleaner that had been sprayed on the floor but not properly cleaned up. Strike two. Four of the five lights in the room did not work because the bulbs were burned out. The second tv did not work. When we folded the bed down we could tell that the sheets had not been changed for a number of reasons. The first reason being that there had been hair on them. Also the sheets did not have wrinkles like they had been folded, and I'm pretty sure that D.I. doesn't iron their sheets before putting them on the bed. When I called the front desk I was told that since they were short handed they would not be able to clean the room until at least 11 pm when there relief person arrived. I as a consumer should never know that you are short staffed. That is your problem and your problem alone to deal with. I asked if I could at least be shown to the linen closet so that I could get some clean linens and cleaning supplies in order to clean the room myself. Amazingly enough the staff did accommodate this request. What a joke. I paid $340 with the tax to stay in a hotel room that I had to clean ( do work) in order for it to be remotely inhabitable. We complained to corporate. D.I. is supposed to respond by phone within 3 business days. That did not happen. We finally got a letter on 1-8-13 after having stayed their on December 28th. It stated that they offered us the ability to check out with a full refund. Again, it was the only hotel for 60 miles, where would we go? That was also a lie we were never offered that because had we been we would have slept in my truck. They said they reviewed the room and found nothing wrong with it. I have the pictures to prove it and will be emailing it to D.I. corporate to see if it meets with their standards. The pictures will tell the real story. I'm just glad my kids weren't with me because I would have slept in my truck.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel if you want a good room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! They had great service and they were very accommodating to every need. Their water sports rental shop had many great activities, including kayaking. I was very happy with this hotel, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DI I, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We are glad to hear you had a excellent time while staying with us. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

After spending three nights at a higher end B & B in Key West (with issues, check review elsewhere) we decided to spend the last night of our Keys trip in Islamorada. Since it was only one night we didnt need a "resort" so we shopped around for a deal. Days Inn met that need quite well. We were in room 605 which is an efficiency room nearer the main road rather then the water. Overall I wont complain although the courtyard could do with an upgrade of newer plastic patio sets..LOL. However it was clean, well enough equipped, easy parking, friendly staff and a short walk to the water with some comfy hamocks and a small bar. If your after a more resorty stay go for the ocenview building. If your going for a great price on a room thats near to a lot of fun things to do then this fits the bill.

Room Tip: Discuss room location when making reservation. There is a fair distance (meaning a 5 minute walk) b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DI I, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Resort. We are pleased to hear you found our establishment to meet your needs. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had a great time while I was visiting the Keys. The rooms were very accommodating and clean. The staff was friendly and catered to our every need. During our week we relaxed by the pool, went on walks around the area, and ate at local restaurants. We also rented kayaks from the on-site water sports rental shop and took them on the ocean, which i would recommend to anyone that stays there. Overall the trip was fantastic and easily one of the best vacations I have had. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who visits the Florida Keys.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DI I, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to serve you. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Stacy
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The "continental breakfast" is a joke. Two tupperware containers of cereal, some dollar store packaged pastries (2 kinds, a danish looking thing & a fruit newton clone), and some dishwater coffee. The "spread" takes up about 1 foot and a half of the front desk counter. No fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, anything remotely healthy. If you're in the oceanfront building it's a bit of a hike to get it. Not a huge issue unless it's pouring or you have reduced mobility.

I chose an Oceanview room as the photos looked stunning. The view is ok. From the balcony. There is one lonely plastic chair on my balcony and no table. Since you would assume two people would be in the room one would think two chairs might be standard. I don't see any other chairs so I guess I should be thankful. From the bed your view is of the adjacent yard.

This is my second day here and twice I've been out all day, and come back to an unmade room. And not 5 minutes after I walk in the door at 4:30pm and try to start showering & changing, housekeeping shows up. Two days in a row. Yesterday I said oh just forget it, but today I have no towels & overflowing trash so now I'm out on the balcony when I should be in the shower. Somehow I got the impression from the website that there was a beach here and brought my snorkeling gear. There's no beach. Two hammocks, one is broken. For $130 per night I expect more. And yes, most of the hotels around here are more expensive. But last year I stayed at the Ragged Edge & paid half what I did here, and had a better stay.

The people here seem nice, but I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher is probably better.....guys have been working on boats and other stuff in the parking lot so...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
DI I, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your stay with us. In order to better ourselves we read the reviews and will take into account your comments. I do hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the future.
Adelaide
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

En route to Key West, we were advised that accommodation would be at a premium by visitor centres, with the "Fantasy Festival" on in a few day, so stayed here. The room, 605 was dirty, the beds were not too bad, except for the coffee spilt on one bedspread. The room was not touched during our day out, new towels were provided. The air conditioner was like a truck motor and we were unable to sleep with the windows open, no flyscreens. Breakfast was budget. We got what we paid for, cheap by local standards, not nice. The dud for our 8 weeks. We should have paid a few more dollars for the Hampton.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DI I, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I am sorry to here you were unsatisfied with your stay with us. If you were unhappy with your room we would of happily moved you to another. We hope you will allow us another chance and stay with us again.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Islamorada? Share your experiences!