“Very Good Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Islamorada
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Very Good Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I came down here with some family in late September when the weather started to cool down. We thought that Islamorada would be a great place in the keys and we were right! This hotel was very nice! We stayed for 3 days and did many great things here. The room was very comfortable and clean and we enjoyed our stay. The service here was also great and everyone was very friendly. We also liked the complementary breakfast. We will definitely stay here again at my next trip to the keys. I had no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DI I, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a great experience with us. Call us directly for your next stay.
Stacy
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This place was wonderful. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, and these people treat you like they really care! Plenty to do - pool, paddle boards, jet skis, kayaks, small beach. Complimentary breakfast. The management worked with us after we were treated like dirt by the Sunset Inn up the road. They didn't charge us for our third guest because of the trouble we went thru prior to our arrival. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
DI I, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Islamorada, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much. We are glad you stayed with us and hope you will be back to visit again soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Days Inn is located in a great spot.There is plenty to do with water sports right on property.We were there for a wedding and we werent in the room much but if your expecting a 5 star resort,this isnt it.But its a nice place to rest your head at night after spending all day out on the water.A great coffee shop and Burrito place doesnt hurt either!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Medina, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My mother in law booked this hotel for the family. It stated 3 bedroom suite for a flat rate. When she went to check out, she saw that she was being charged per person. The front desk clerk stated that when he called headquarters to see why they would do this they explained the rooms are generally only for 2 people. SO A SUITE WITH 3 BEDS AND A PULL OUT COUCH IS FOR ONLY 2 PEOPLE AT THIS PLACE. Then they had the nerve to ask the front desk clerk "WHAT IS THE CUSTOMERS PROBLEM SHE WAS ONLY CHARGED 12.00 MORE." When actually she was charged much more than that.
ON TOP OF THAT THE TOWELS WERE STAINED!!! EWWW!!! When we first pulled up this rude lady with a thick jamaican accent asked me rudely how many towels we would need. Then when I told her we were all staying together she tried to tell me we werent. A dirty towel that was used to clean up a puddle of coffee sat there the 2 days we stayed. A man also came to our door that looked shady telling us that our toilet needed to be looked at because we placed a call for it. He didnt believe us when we said actually we never did. Come to find out he does work there but he didnt look professional so we were nervous. The breakfast was choice of package muffin, cold cereal, or an orange. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS IS A PART OF A DAYS INN FRANCHISE!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MKE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Over New Years we rented 3 rooms here to attend a wedding near by. The rooms were in the front part of the complex around a court yard that was full of plant litter, trash, and burnt out grills. The door to our 1st unit required a shoulder to force it open.The unit had no micro wave
(both the other units had one. When asked at the desk the clerk had no idea that the room was without one. Employees should know the rooms. The rates were not cheap. The other parts of the resort seemed well kept. The breakfast was poorly set up. We had to ask for different items, creamers, sweeteners, fruit. Each time we had to interrupt talk between the staff. (Poor Customer Service!)
We noted on the customer review card the problems and dropped it in the the comment box. We never heard any feed back. We went as far as to send a note to the corporate office. NO RESPONSE!! This company needs to look at what the consumer thinks and says! To those of you who travel here beware!

Room Tip: Not front units!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

I have been around the world! If people expect a five star resort they should go pay for one. They'll only do it once. If I had booked because of the reviews I would have missed a great experience. The rooms were fine, clean and better than we thought they would be. It is obviously an island. With water all the way around it!! If you don't know how to deal with the sub tropics then stay home! Otherwise, if you want to have fun and be centrally located in the keys, stay at this place. It's the keys, RELAX and enjoy.

• Stayed March 2012
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stacy was working the front desk when I inquired about a room for 2 nights. When I wasn't thrilled with the price, Stacy was willing to assist even as far as calling other hotels for me & trying to find me a cheaper rate. I was so impressed with her customer service that I agreed to pay the rate & stayed for the 2 nights. While I wasn't at the hotel most of my 2 days, when I was there, it was pleasant. My room was comfortable & I did not want for anything. Thank you Stacy.

Room Tip: See Stacy for your specific needs. She goes "above & beyond" to assist travelers.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Islamorada? Share your experiences!