“Two nights in Islamorada” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   84457 Old Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Islamorada
East Lansing, Michigan
“Two nights in Islamorada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Older resort, needs a bit of updating for price, but was we'll maintained and clean. The beach area was clean and had plenty of chairs. Not a swimming beach, but pool was nice. Did not use bar or restaurant but they seemed popular.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jamie_Esterline, General Manager at Pelican Cove Resort Marina Hotel Islamorada, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. We are currently in the beginning phases of a renovation project that will include both the exterior property, as well as the interior guest rooms. Please keep in touch with our website, as well as our Facebook to see our progress. We look forward to your next visit to Islamorada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great location but that's the only thing going for this place. Dated rooms and indifferent service. It's the first time we have paid £200 a night for a hotel where the bed linen isn't even ironed!! One to avoid until it is refurbished

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing your concerns. As new owners are in place, we are currently addressing the rooms product and I am confident that you will be very pleased with the final outcome. We also have daily service standards training, and I am most concerned that you left our resort with an indifferent feeling from any of our staff. Please try us again when in the Florida Keys, and I can assure you that you will have a much different experience.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I truly my team at Pelican Cove. I spent the week of New Year's Eve 2013-2014 and had a great time! Both bartenders were fun and treated me like a guest should be treated. The food at the cabana was very, very good. Yes the rooms were a little older, but always cleaned and nothing looked worn-out (well, maybe the carpet. It should be replaced). The view from my room was phenomenal. Pool area was neat and clean. Hotel is very quiet at night and I got the rest I was looking for. Everyone was SO very nice and made my stay warm and welcoming. Pelican Cove is a very laid back, relaxed place. Not high end and that is just perfect when you're looking to live like an islander, even if just for a week.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our food and service. We have recently made changes to our Cabana Bar & Café and are receiving excellent feedback from both Resort Guests, as well as local residents. I hope you enjoyed the live entertainment that we had daily out at the pool, and relaxed on what is one of the best views in The Keys.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our family stayed at the Pelican Cove, for 11 days: During Christmas Break. We were treated like FAMILY. It was also nice to have a place to eat on site, so we didn't have to leave if we didn't want to. They would recommend places for us to visit and restaurants we should try, while we were there. But the best part was letting us know the weather conditions, since we brought a boat, so we could enjoy the water and outings. Thanks Bud for the great directions for Snorkling and lots of Laughs!!! Thanks Doni, for the fun times and letting Payton paint Coconuts, and the Prizes! We will be back that is for sure!

Sandy Logan
Easley SC

Room Tip: You always wake up with a great View of the Ocean.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Pelican Cove Resort as your families vacation destination. The best compliment that we could receive is that your felt that you were treated like family. That is our daily goal here at Pelican Cove. Please keep in touch on our Facebook or Website and watch for the fun things to come. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,
Your Keys Family
Marietta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed at this resort at the end of Dec into New Year's Eve. The biggest concern we had was the quality of the water. There was no way to check this. There are a lot of boats that anchor at the sand bar and the water does not churn like the ocean, it remains stagnant. The birds are nice to look at but their by product does end up in the water. There is no walk in access. The resort itself was ok, the rooms are old, lukewarm water in the shower, pressure was ok, staff ok, we were grateful for the nice terrace which is where we spent most of our time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for voicing your concern regarding our ocean water quality. I can assure you that the water is healthy for any watersport activity. We are directly oceanfront, and have a ocean tidal change twice daily. Our County Administrators regularly test the coastal water quality throughout the Keys, and we have never tested poorly. The lack of wave action is a direct result of the coral reef that lies offshore. This results in clear, calm water that is perfect for families to snorkel and enjoy year round. Please stop in again if you are ever in Islamorada.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel dirBlancain the website, however once I arrived the agent at the front desk advised that they did not have a reservation in the system for me. the front desk agent was very nice and called the manager on the phone in order to assist us with getting this issue resolved. Once she spoke with the manager she learned that there were also for other guess that were impacted by this inconvenience. I requested to speak with the manager who hesitantly got on the phone with me. While speaking with the manager Jeanie she was very abrasive, aggressive, and just flat out on Insensitive to my situation. She argued with me and pointed fingers as if the overbooking was my fault!I couldn't believe she was in a management role. She was unwilling to help being that I'd come about 400 miles for business and chose to stay at this location. She said that there was nothing she could do, and she wasn't about to drive all the way down there to help me get this resolved. I really could not believe it! This was the worst! & I mean the worst experience I've ever had! I would never stay at this hotel if someone paid me too. The worst customer service from management. I ended up getting a room at the postcard Inn which was very nice and accommodating. The front desk agent Bianca was very nice. That was the only positive to the entire situation

• Stayed January 2014
I do apologize for the unfortunate situation that you were faced with upon arriving at our Resort. During the day of your arrival, we had a small amount of reservations that were made through outside websites that did not make it through the link into our reservation system. Unfortunately, we had no rooms available to sell for that night. We did call the company that your reservation came from early that morning to advise them of your situation, and I do wish we had contact information for you to have been able to correct this prior to your arrival at our hotel.
Green Lake, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked this hotel for location, amenities and price and got exactly what we where looking for. It is usually a priority of mine to have a full kitchen, as it is so much easier to have the option to cook/eat in...we had everything we needed. With a couple of fishing excursions it was nice to have a grill for our fresh fish, and a convenient way to enjoy it. The beds are old, and the pullout sofa sleeper was worse, but if you are on the go like we are, then the location is more the priority. The staff was wonderful. The view is amazing out of the balcony, where we ate each day watching the boats from the marina.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We feel that our most important assets of this property are the Staff and the Oceanfront Location, and that you enjoyed both during your stay. Regarding the guest rooms; we are in process of beginning a complete renovation of all of our guest rooms and common areas. Please keep in touch to see our progress and come back to visit us again soon.

Been to Pelican Cove Resort Marina Hotel Islamorada? Share your experiences!