“Definitely high end food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 82 restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: We are a nouveau fusion restaurant, representing eclectic styles of cuisines. We source local and seasonal ingredients to compliment our ever changing menu. We have a wine list that represents 5 continents and over 120 offerings.
“Definitely high end food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Chef Nathan makes very nice gourmet food that is definitely on the higher end. They have two sushi chefs that make great looking and even more important great tasting sushi. Highly recommend visiting the Kaiyo Grill.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TurtleTracker, Public Relations Manager at Kaiyo Grill, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
1keys, thank you for taking your time to write a review for Kaiyo Grill & Sushi. We value our customers feed back and love to hear when they have enjoyed their time with us. I will pass your compliments on to Chef Nate and his staff. The highest form of flattery in the restaurant business is a recommendation to friends. Thank you again and we hope to serve you soon.

83% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“5 stars for food but 4 for atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went there on a coldish night in March and I don't think this added to the atmosphere. The place was chilly and loud and quite hectic.
But...the food was stunning. I had macadamia encrusted snapped with mango sauce. Amazing.
Service was lovely, warm and welcoming.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chocolate74, thank you for your review of Kaiyo Grill. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I apologize that you did not find the atmosphere enjoying, I understand how every aspect of our restaurant can impact your experience. With the our smaller size it can get a little "hectic" when we are busy. If you have suggestions on how we can improve customers experience during times like these, please email me directly with your comments ocean@greenturtleinn.com. Every bit of input helps. As you stated the food is amazing. Chef Nate and his team create some of the most creative and delicious dishes Islamorada has to offer. Thank you again for your compliments, I will be sure to pass them on to the entire staff.
“A must for sushi lovers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a roll and a drink - one of the best sushi experiences ever! The only thing that would make this place even better is if was in the water but the atmosphere was enjoyable!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mwenger79, thank you for your review of Kaiyo Grill & Sushi. I am so happy to hear that you thought your meal with us was "one of the best sushi experiences ever" . That is a powerful statement and we are so proud to hear you say it. I will be sure to let the entire staff of Kaiyo know how much you enjoyed your experience. We all look forward to serving you again soon.
Glyndon, Maryland
“Was not allowed to place take out order”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am a sushi lover for sure and was down in the keys for a long weekend during the Dolphn season. I ordered take out one night and enjoyed my dinner. Come back in the Winter,and pull into their lot and proceed to walk in to make my take out arrangements....the woman taking reservations informed me that they no longer do take out becaue it got "a little crazy"...she was not exactly friendly,and i didn't pursue it,so no sushi for me.

Visited February 2013
Steve S, thank you for taking the time to review Kaiyo Grill & Sushi. I am so sorry to hear that your experience was not satisfactory. I terribly sorry if someone was unfriendly to you that is unacceptable. I have addressed your complaint with management and they are aware of the less than friendly attitude of the hostess.

Unfortunately, Kaiyo Grill no longer offers take out orders to be taken during regular business hours. All orders must be placed between 4 and 5 and can be picked up later in the evening. You can even order a day or two before. This had to happen because the restaurant was being swamped with take out orders every night and the sushi bar & kitchen were becoming overloaded. This resulted in slow service in the dining room and with take out orders. I wish that the hostess would have explained this to you. I apologize for any poor service you may have encountered.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to make it right. Please email me directly at ocean@greenturtleinn.com. If you are in the area again, please contact me directly and we will be sure to get you the sushi meal you want and deserve.
NYC
“Better than any sushi in NYC, hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We live in Manhattan and have been searching for Sushi this good for 10 years...fantastic, fresh, wide array of amazing fish. Visit these guys as well as their main restaurant the Green Turtle just South. Both are some of the best eating experiences in Islamorada. Try everything, we haven't had a bad dish yet.

TurtleTracker, Public Relations Manager at Kaiyo Grill, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
WOW, thank you so much for the fantastic review! We love to hear from our customers!! I will be sure to pass your review onto the entire staff at both Green Turtle and Kaiyo. Who doesn't love to hear that their doing something right? We hope to serve you again soon.