“Great stop in the keys.” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Great stop in the keys.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Wasn't sure how I or my 12 y/o daughter would enjoy this place. We are divers but I was never expecting the incredible depth of this place(pun intended). Worth every penny of the visit. The volume of historical artifacts from diving all over the worl is just incredible. Has the most complete collection of commercial/military diving helmets on display. Definitely worth the stop and a couple hours of your time while in the keys. Staff was friendly.

Houston, Texas
18 attraction reviews
“Wow... I had no idea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had no idea how long we have been diving. Do you? It was crude and there had to of been lots of issues but people have been diving for over $&@ years. You have to go to find out and you will be amazed. I had no idea this place existed until I was on a dive trip to Florida and saw the sign as I drove by. I had to stop and I was shocked. It is very, very well done with professional displays representing the timeline of human diving.... And it is amazing what we have done getting to our safe, modern equipment. You have to go here if you are in the keys and love diving.

Visited November 2012
Memphis
17 attraction reviews
“A really great place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

As a scuba instructor & my room mate is is a beginner diver, we appreciated seeing an awesome collection of vintage gear giving a complete history of diving up to today's gear.

Visited November 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Time Above Water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Some friendsrecommended checking this museum out while my wife and I were in the Keys on vacation. We are both divers but she originally had no interest in going. After bad weather cancelled our dive I talked her into going, and she loved it. If you have any interest in man's exploration of the oceans this is a must do.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“nicely done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I did not think i would enjoy this but it proved to be quite nice. I enjoyed the exhibits tremendously. it is well worth the time and inexpensive admission. we were fortunate enough to happen upon it on a night that there was a guest lecture being done and this was wonderful! it ended up being a highlight of the trip. though i feel i am knowledgeable I was blessed to learn a great deal more info. what a rare place!