“Excellent Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

82779 Overseas Hwy, Oceanside, Islamorada, FL 33036
305-664-9094
Website
Improve this listing
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

While I was in Islamorada last week with Florida Sportsman Artist and Illustrator Joe Suroviec Joe and I had the pleasure of eating at Bentley's on three occasions.

The atmosphere was great, the food even better and Rebecca our waitress was absolutely excellent. Peter, the owner personally took the time to talk with us and make sure we were well taken care of. As a matter of fact, the chef even came out and asked us how we likes our food - excellent.

We had Crab stuffed Yellow-tail, stuffed Shrimp and Steak as well - ALL amazing. The salads were accompanied with a cold plate, a cold fork and as fresh as I have ever eaten, also great Lobster Bis.

Bentley's is a must while in Islamorada. The portions are big, the service excellent and the price is very reasonable for those on a budget.

Darcy Ellis

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
FloridaPeterPan, Owner at Bentley's, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for such an wonderful review! We appreciate your visit to Bentley's, and that you have taken the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit through the Keys. Again, thank you, and it was a pleasure to serve you!

Miami, Florida, United States
“Bentley's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

High quality food, a little pricey, but worth it. My husband always gets the Cioppino and I get the Blackened Chicken Aruba. Never a bad meal.

Visited July 2012
FloridaPeterPan, Owner at Bentley's, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
We are so happy that you are frequent customers of ours! Thanks for you review, and we look forward to serving you on your return trip to Bentley's.
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
“Looking forward to going back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I stopped at Bentley's last year without knowing anything about it (we were just hungry) and we enjoyed everything about it, especially the food. We are planning a trip to The Keys in September and Bentley's is most definately where we are going to eat. Looking forward to the raw clams, green fried tomatoes and Bananas Foster (along with our entree, of course). Unless you are a Hoity Toity Millionaire, I highly recommend Bentley's.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
FloridaPeterPan, Owner at Bentley's, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Looking forward to seeing you in September! What a nice review! We appreciate that you took the time to write about us. Have a great rest of your summer, and we'll see you in September.
Tavernier, Florida
“Time Travel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is like going back in time. Visualize an old picture of the "Rat Pack" hanging out in a smoke filled lounge. The old style carpet, worn leather booths, women with big hair, etc.. Oh yes, lets not forget that stale, musty, moldy smell we all know and do not love.. We departed very soon after our arrival. We were not greeted very politely by the restaurant staff so we decided to sit at the bar. The bartender was just as unfriendly. So like Elvis, we left the building. I'm not sure who partons this place, but as a "new" local, it sure isn't going to be me or any of my friends and family....

Visited November 2011
FloridaPeterPan, Owner at Bentley's, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I would really like to address the customer service issue this reviewer had with our staff. This concerns me, but the reviewer visited in November of 2011, and we don't have the same staff now. Had I been notified sooner, I would have addressed this issue with the person committing the offence. As It is, I can only show our current staff the review to show them how their day affects everyone else.

I suppose we are a time travel. We do like The Rat Pack and real martinis. The bar is a bit on the dark side. It makes it cooler in here after a hot day in the Florida Keys. Sometime I consider changing it, but we have so many customers who have been coming here for years who like it. Its a neighborhood pub, a place where people know your name. Its hard to change that feel after 20 years. So, I understand what you are writing, but we like it.

I would like to point out to readers that we are a non-smoking establishment. I am also an avid anti-smoker, who gave up a 3 pack a day habit. We do have an area designated outside however. I enjoyed the creative license the reviewer took to write this review, but some of it is too creative. We don't smoke here, and we don't have big hair, unless we just came off the water.

Since you are a "new local" I hope you give us another try. We would like you to come to enjoy our neighborhood bar.
yonkers,ny
“Good price Great portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great selection of seafood dishes. Great desserts!

Visited June 2012