“A Welcome Addition to Islamorada” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 80 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Passing the bounds of what is usual
Islamorada, Florida
“A Welcome Addition to Islamorada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

As 4 local ladies who lunch, we were happy to try the offerings of a new restaurant in town. I am so glad that OO-Tray even offers lunch as many of the "better" restaurants in town do not. I had made a reservation for inside dining so we were greeted warmly and even offered a little tour to see the outside garden area with additional seating.

Our party included 2 vegetarians and sandwich alterations were happily accommodated. They loved their very generous vegetable filled sandwiches accompanied by the most amazing hand cut fries with rosemary and roasted garlic. Another of our party selected the lobster pot pie which was a lovely deconstructed version of a classic. It was rich and delectable. A perfect serving size for her although it could have left a heartier eater wanting more. I choose the shrimp lettuce wraps which I had spotted in another review prior to the lunch and was not disappointed. I will definitely try this restaurant for dinner and libations!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Run, don't walk, to this great find in unlikely spot!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We were kind of concerned as when we pulled up at 7 pm there were no cars in the lot. Walked in and sure enough we were the only ones in the place! After eating there, I have no idea why this place isn't packed! Well, it is new and it's not your typical Keys place. I knew from the Eggplant fries that we found something awesome! Drinks were great, especially the Dirty mojito. Had the burratta salad which was awesome as well as the beet salad with goat cheese ice cream. Seafood chili and coconut fennel mussels were awesome as well! Everything from start to finish was great! Hope this stays afloat as its a diamond in the rough. I'd not, we will be happy to move the chef/owner to Pittsburgh, PA! This place is that good!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Creative food in a small contemporary setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Came here for lunch, but the menu at lunch is a bit limited. Highlights were the lobster pot pie and crawfish beignets. I was a little disappointed with the pimento cheese (I am such a fan of homemade southern made by my mom) it was grilled and a bit squishy and messy to eat. creative and delicious craft cocktails and nice craft beer selections. Great server who was very well educated on making suggestions. I definitely plan to go again, this time for dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Islamorada
“Amazing!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was my first time going and I will be back!!! You must try the citrus herb martini and burratta salad... Delicious service was outstanding! Great new addition to the keys!

Helsinki, Finland
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had a really good meal here. Food was good and the atmosphere pleasant. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a contemporary meal served in an unpretentious setting. The waiter was also relaxed but gave good friendly service.

Visited June 2014