“love the setting” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Union, MI
“love the setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We reccomend a pitcher of Sangrias and smoked whitefish dip for a great afternoon lunch or snack ! All the wait staff were very friendly! Great place to sit and relax and enjoy the view!

Visited April 2014
IslandGrillGM, General Manager at Island Grill, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review of Island Grill. We are so glad you enjoyed your meal. We look forward to your next visit in the future.

West Brookfield, Massachusetts
“fantastic food and music, casual atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Get a table by the window and watch the fish!
Excellent food and service, we ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner there during our week in the Keys, were not disappointed at any meal!
I recommend the mojitos highly!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IslandGrillGM, General Manager at Island Grill, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of Island Grill. We look forward to your next visit in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
“Good food, on the beach if you like.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

So far, we have not had a disappointing meal here in the Keys - and the Island Grill is no exception. We sat on the beach and enjoyed a nice view. Staff was ok - not bad, but not attentive. Food was very good: sirloin sandwich, burger, chicken sandwich all were very good and reasonably priced. We were priced out of some of the fresh fish options (~ $30).

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for the excellent review. I'm sorry that you felt the service wasn't as attentive as you expected. Our servers are trained to visit the table a max of four times and not hover. We are very laid back but we are attentive. I'm really glad you enjoyed your meal.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fun Casual Spot on the Water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Had a large party with a reservation, they were ready and took great care of us, great hand made margaritas, fish tacos and tuna nachos, everything was fresh and delicious.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IslandGrillGM, General Manager at Island Grill, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
We appreciate your review of Island Grill. We are glad we were able to accommodate you and your party. We pride ourselves on taking great care of every guest whether it be a single person enjoying lunch here alone or a party of 30 walking in without a reservation. Every customer is just as important as the next.
Key West, Florida, United States
“Fried Clam Strip PoBoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My partner and I made a pit stop after a dr appointment at Mariners Hospital. The atmosphere about four in the afternoon was quiet and relaxing. I saw the specials as I walked in. The clam PoBoy stuck right out.We sat down at the bar. I ordered a tea. The home brewed ice tea was passion fruit as I found out later before we left.I looked at the menu it was pretty simple selection. I saw a a couple that caught my eye. One such item was Thai beef egg rolls.My partner order a big tom salad. It was their version of a Cobb salad. I ordered the PoBoy. When it was placed in front of me there was a boat load of fries, a cup of what I thought was very good tarter sauce and the PoBoy. The strips were about as thick my pinky. I was surprised with the first bite there were no dirty oil taste and I could finish the whole sandwich with out feeling queazy. Which by the way I scarfed it down. I have had plenty of clam strips down the east coast this is by far the best I have had. Great food! Definitely going back for second round.

Thank you for your fantastic review of Island Grill. We are glad you and your partner enjoyed your meals here. With our deep roots with Key West please say hi to Frank on your next visit to Island Grill. We hope to see you soon in the near future.