“Great Place to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conch on Inn Motel

You added Conch on Inn Motel to your Saves list
Conch on Inn Motel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   103 Caloosa Street, Mile Marker 89.5, Islamorada, FL 33070   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Canton, Georgia
“Great Place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

This is long over due. I went with two friends on a fishing trip in the keys and found this little jewel to stay at. Let me just start with this...when was the last time you stayed at a Hotel/Motel that you were told "Welcome Home" every time you entered the property? You do feel right at home when you finally get unpacked and relax. The view down the canal from the Hotel is wonderful. The room we had was big enough for the 3 of us and the staff was polite enough to put up with us.

We had the pleasure of meeting the owners, Mike & Cindy, who immediately made us feel like family. We were even scolded for not checking in with Cindy when we were out late on the water. Made us laugh. Overall, the best place for your money if you can book it quick enough.

Mike & Cindy, thank you for a wonderful experience for my first fishing trip to the Keys. We had a great time. Look forward to getting back there.

Paul S

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

As I prepare to write this review, my only regret is that no matter what I write there would be no way for me to truly convey every remarkable aspect of this establishment! To give you an idea of my experience, I’ve been visiting Islamorada at least twice a year for the last 28 years. My boyfriend, our 100 lb black lab, and I checked in on Friday July 4th for a weekend of relaxation and fishing. I went up to the check in window to get us squared away and was greeted by one of the owners, Cindy. Cindy started to get me checked in, but as soon as she found out the dog was in the car with my boyfriend she handed me a key and said don’t worry about it, get settled and come back later. I picked up the rest of my crew and off to the room we went, the whole time me telling them how great my initial experience was. As soon as I opened the door I could smell how clean the room was. Upon further inspection it was clean, neat, and inviting. After we got all situated we decided to bring the dog to the courtyard, which has a friendly atmosphere where guests congregate with locals to share stories of their adventures on the island. Cindy came out to meet him and you would have thought it was HER dog!! The best way for me to explain this is that there are hotels that advertise "pets allowed" or "pet friendly", and then there is the Conch On Inn Motel! There were at least 9 dogs total the weekend we were there, and I mention this because it wasn’t total animal chaos like one would expect. It was a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere for both pets and humans. As we spent the weekend roaming the islands and fishing we never had to worry about a thing, because we truly felt like we were staying with family. This incredible customer service extends throughout the motel. I would be amiss if I did not mention that after coming back from fishing one day we found our extremely content dog laying in our spotless room on his perfectly laid out blanket while watching animal planet. When I saw Helen, who is a housekeeping goddess/fantastic lady, she told us that after she cleaned the room she made sure he was comfortable before she left and put the TV on for him. I could go on and on about all the wonderful experiences we had at this motel in just 3 days, but if you’ve read this far I think you get the point. To sum it up, this rustic island hotel is run by the most friendly, hospitable, clean freak, pet enthusiasts…and I can’t wait to go back!

Travelers notes:
Since everyone is different, here are just a couple high level comments.
1. If you are a fancy person who needs lots of closet space, giant bathroom vanities, is more concerned about what’s in the room than the adventures that await outside, or love chain hotels, this place probably isn’t for you.
2. If you are ever fortunate enough to stay here and enjoy the incredible hospitality of Cindy and Mike, please treat them with the same kindness and respect that they treat everyone they come in contact with, guest or not, and don’t take advantage of their generosity. Trust me, this comment will make much more sense after your stay : )

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Moorhead, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed at this motel for one quick night as a filler between reservations and destinations. I am so glad I had not booked this motel for our entire stay in the Keys, as I would have been sorely disappointed. During two different calls/conversations with Cindy, she was a little abrupt, probably in a hurry, but I felt like I was bothering her with my question and by calling to say we would be there later than 6pm, which it tells you to do in the directions when you book. Our room had a queen bed, and it was very small. We would not have been able to fit all of our suitcases if we had brought them all in. There was no closet or suitcase holder to put anything on. There was a fridge in the room, no telephone and no lock on the bathroom door. The room was very clean. The bed was horribly hard, and the pillows small and flat. Between that, and the noise from the road it was a very sleepless night. The bathroom was also incredibly small/narrow and appeared to possibly be in the middle of a remodel? There were 3 or 4 different kinds of paint on the wall, one wall just sheet rock and one crumbling and falling apart. One of the property lights shined so brightly in through the bathroom window it fully lit the room at night...had to sleep with the door closed. If the bed was better, I would stay here again for a quick stopover, but nothing more than 1 night.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Benfleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

had a fantastic three nights' stay at the Conch Inn with the owners Cindy and Mike. I was made to feel welcome from the moment I arrived and it was like that for the entire time. The location on the creek is marvellous (loved the manatees spotted out in the water) and I enjoyed spending time on the terrace with the owners' four dogs. The motel is a work in progress as the owners only have been there a year but the terrace is lovely and my room was clean and comfortable with a shower, fridge & tv. It might not be to everyone's taste - those expecting five star accomodation - but I would rather stay here than any of the generic, expensive resorts that abound in the area. I wouldn't hesitate to return to the Conch Inn, in fact I can't wait to start planning my next visit to the Keys - I just hope there will be room at the Inn for me!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at Conch On Inn was very laid back and relaxing. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. Excellent guest services. You really did feel as though you were with family at your second home in the keys. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and look forward to my next trip to the keys. Thank you Conch on Inn.... Chris D.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

New owners are very friendly had a great time plenty of room for your dog to roam and BBQ pits in almost every corner. Plus everywhere I looked had a 25$ pet fee and at the conch on inn Cindy offers no extra charge. Thank you very much for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We just stayed for a week at the Conch On Inn in Tavernier, FL, around Mile Marker 89. It reminded me of the places my family stayed as a kid when we went on vacation (I am a 3rd generation Key West girl). This isn't the Marriott - you aren't just a number. The Conch On Inn feels like home - you can grill or have cocktails on the patio and make new friends. The new owners, Cindy and Mike, made us feel so welcome. They live on site so anything you need, just ask. The room was clean, we felt very safe and we were about halfway between Key Largo and Islamorada so the location was perfect. Fishing, boating and restaurants are close by. If you want to relax in old Florida style, you will love the Conch On Inn. The price is right - with so many things to see in the Keys, why pay a high price for a room you are only going to sleep in for a few hours? And an unexpected bonus - manatees swimming in the canal, including a newborn!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Conch on Inn Motel? Share your experiences!