As I prepare to write this review, my only regret is that no matter what I write there would be no way for me to truly convey every remarkable aspect of this establishment! To give you an idea of my experience, I’ve been visiting Islamorada at least twice a year for the last 28 years. My boyfriend, our 100 lb black lab, and I checked in on Friday July 4th for a weekend of relaxation and fishing. I went up to the check in window to get us squared away and was greeted by one of the owners, Cindy. Cindy started to get me checked in, but as soon as she found out the dog was in the car with my boyfriend she handed me a key and said don’t worry about it, get settled and come back later. I picked up the rest of my crew and off to the room we went, the whole time me telling them how great my initial experience was. As soon as I opened the door I could smell how clean the room was. Upon further inspection it was clean, neat, and inviting. After we got all situated we decided to bring the dog to the courtyard, which has a friendly atmosphere where guests congregate with locals to share stories of their adventures on the island. Cindy came out to meet him and you would have thought it was HER dog!! The best way for me to explain this is that there are hotels that advertise "pets allowed" or "pet friendly", and then there is the Conch On Inn Motel! There were at least 9 dogs total the weekend we were there, and I mention this because it wasn’t total animal chaos like one would expect. It was a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere for both pets and humans. As we spent the weekend roaming the islands and fishing we never had to worry about a thing, because we truly felt like we were staying with family. This incredible customer service extends throughout the motel. I would be amiss if I did not mention that after coming back from fishing one day we found our extremely content dog laying in our spotless room on his perfectly laid out blanket while watching animal planet. When I saw Helen, who is a housekeeping goddess/fantastic lady, she told us that after she cleaned the room she made sure he was comfortable before she left and put the TV on for him. I could go on and on about all the wonderful experiences we had at this motel in just 3 days, but if you’ve read this far I think you get the point. To sum it up, this rustic island hotel is run by the most friendly, hospitable, clean freak, pet enthusiasts…and I can’t wait to go back!
Since everyone is different, here are just a couple high level comments.
1. If you are a fancy person who needs lots of closet space, giant bathroom vanities, is more concerned about what’s in the room than the adventures that await outside, or love chain hotels, this place probably isn’t for you.
2. If you are ever fortunate enough to stay here and enjoy the incredible hospitality of Cindy and Mike, please treat them with the same kindness and respect that they treat everyone they come in contact with, guest or not, and don’t take advantage of their generosity. Trust me, this comment will make much more sense after your stay : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conch On Inn Motel and Gardens is designed to be your budget minded, pet friendly home in the Florida Keys. Enjoy our sunbathing area and gardens, with its chickee huts and barbeques. Swimmers, sunbathers and kayakers enjoy quiet pleasurable hours in the sun. For divers: beautiful scuba diving and snorkeling ocean reefs are just minutes away! Nearby charter boats offer diving or deep sea, back country and reef fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Conch on Inn Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conch On Hotel Islamorada