“We'll Be Back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kon-Tiki Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Kon-Tiki Resort
You added Kon-Tiki Resort to your Saves list
81200 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Islamorada
Mount Holly, North Carolina
“We'll Be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

So we needed a place to stay for wedding that we were attending the first weekend of March. As usual I started my research online and asking around about nice, yet affordable places to stay. Of course I hit up tripadvisor.com to analyze any suggestions I got and that's what really helped to make my decision for the perfect place for our visit to Islamorada. So Thanks to everyone for posting your reviews!

I called about 2 months in advance and they only had 1 room available so make your reservations early. There are only 23 units total, but that made for a more personal and quaint visit. We hardly saw anyone on Friday and very view guest on Saturday. The staff was very helpful and polite and were also rarely seen, but always available when needed. We had been assigned room #5 over the phone, but when we arrived we were pleased to learn we had been upgraded to room #3 which is just a little bit closer to the water. "Barbara" and "George" were there when we checked in and couldn't have made us feel more welcome.

The grounds were spotless and I started taking pictures right away. The "cottages" were adorable and super clean with just enough space for us. The screened in porch facing the water got a lot of use and the living room, kitchen, bathroom and bed room were very comfortable and inviting. The bathrooms had plenty of towels and the kitchen was fully stocked with any thing you need to prepare and enjoy a meal.

We immediately changed clothes and jumped in one of the hammocks in the palms by the water and soaked in the gentle breeze and beautiful sunshine. We eventually made it in the cool, but comfortable lagoon then the clean heated pool. The wildlife was abundant with plenty of small fish in the lagoon as well as plenty of egrets and pelicans to watch fly around and catch their dinner.

Unfortunately we only stayed two nights and spent most of the evenings at another resort where the wedding and other friends were staying for the weekend. When we were at Kon Tiki it was very quiet and felt like we were coming home each time we returned. We even got a game of shuffle board in!

We will defiantly be back and will suggest this lovely gem to all of our friends.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-6 are basically 3 duplex units right on the water with the best view. I will stay in one of...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

We stayed two nights in Feb and enjoyed our stay. The grounds were lovely, well maintained. This is a great place to relax, and enjoy a quiet hour in the hammocks. The room was clean, and that is very important to me. I would recomend the Kon Tiki Resort to anyone lookng for a relaxing simple place to stay at a great price.

Room Tip: stayed in number 7 and had a wonderful view of the water and grounds
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

While a little reluctant to write too many nice things in case people suddenly start flocking down there in droves and they have to raise their prices, or else are fully booked when we next want to go down and stay, I have to be honest and say what a nice little resort this is. It's very well maintained with a lovely fresh water pool and a sea water pool (with little beach), great boat ramp and dock, nice sitting areas and very very nice management staff. The room was spotless, and the shower was outstanding - one of the best hotel showers I've ever had. Unfortunately I had a bit of a cold so at 2 in the morning while I was awake sneezing, I had to sneak into the bathroom and sit there on the floor with a towel and read for a couple of hours so as not to wake my soundly slumbering husband - and so I had a chance to really examine the bathroom in detail from the ground up - and it really was absolutely spotless. Kudos. There is a great open area by the boat ramp so it was easy to get the boat in the water, and while the actual boat ramp was a little slippery (algae maybe?), it was really well laid out. The great thing is that probably 1/4 of a mile away (by road and by water) is the Islamorada Fish Company, part of Bass Pro Shops, so within 4 minutes you can be eating a great lunch or dinner. Very nice little resort, and we will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

what a relaxing place! LOVED the hamocks that they have strung under the palm trees and it has a very nice outdoor pool. the rooms or condo's, i am not sure what to call them, are just OK...nothing special about them but they are clean! would go back in a heart beat :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

property is clean, boat ramp, pool, hammocks, shuffle board, grilling area
great vacation spot whether you want to be alone or bring the whole family

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dahlonega, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Kon Tiki three times in as many years. The place is exactly what you would expect from old FL. The staff, along with the cats, are amazingly friendly. Our room was cleaned spotless each day. The boat dock and tiki hut are wonderful. We can not wait to return, unfortunately that will be a year away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My family has been coming to the keys for as long as I can remember. When we found the Kon-Tiki, we felt as if we had found paradise! The family -friendly atmosphere is so nice for my two year old. He would not stop "touring" the grounds. He loved to look at the fish off the dock and some day I swear my son is going to be a champion shuffle Board player. He stayed busy on the court for a good half hour at a time. We were able to keep a close eye on him from the picnic tables right there. It is such a safe place. I felt as if I was in the middle of no-where. The peacefulness took us away. My favorite part of the day was laying in the hammocks and looking up at the beautiful palm trees. Ahh, ;o)
We stayed in room # 15. It was so clean! The kitchen was just remodeled and the futon in the living room was SO comfortable. We had my sister and her son with us as well, so the room slept 3 adults and two kids perfect. There was a full kitchen so I was able to cook up the snapper my honey caught that day. Sure does save the aggravation of waiting in line for an hour at a local restaurant!! I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Try 15 or 16. Not right on the water, but close enough and the most up to date we've been in.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Kon-Tiki Resort? Share your experiences!