“do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Siesta Resort & Marina

Save Saved
You added La Siesta Resort & Marina to your Saves list
La Siesta Resort & Marina
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   80241 Overseas Highway, Mile Marker 80.5 Oceanside, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Islamorada
New York City, New York
“do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The first impression on entering this property is of delightful well kept manicured grounds, with a lovely ocean front. Thats IT, the dated decrepit motel room would have sufficed for the couple of days that we wished to stay. One does not expect to check the cleanness of a room at these prices on checking in, so having done some fishing we showered and went to have dinner,then we discovered the true delights of our room the sheets on one bed had not been changed they may have been changed on the other? there was something disgusting on the floor beside the bed which looked like vomit dried and old, vermin droppings on the wardrobe shelf,you could scrape the grease from the cooker with a knife, the curtains behind the bed covered less than half the window at least we got laugh out of this.Breakfast by the pool was a non starter when we saw the filth of the waste bin directly beside the serving area and that was at eight fifteen am,also no effort had been made to clean tables and chairs.We ware shown another room at eleven thirty pm filthy carpet dead flies on wash basin door handle sticky not pleasant we were out of there as fast as we could.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I am very sorry that you did not find our Resort up to standards. I do hope you will give us another try and a chance to redeem ourselves.

Dan Rutan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have sent several emails requesting information on this hotel. Finally after several automated responses I got a real reply.

"Hello,
Sorry for the delayed response. I will mail one out for you today.
Cortney"

Well, that was November 8, 2012 and have yet to see anything. As mentioned in my last email to this hotel, there are plenty of other places to stay in this area. So I will be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that you have not recieved the information. I have checked into the matter and found that your initial e-mail was sent on November 3rd and we responeded to you on November 8th. The information was indeed mailed out on November 9th. We do hope you will reconsider staying with us.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

LaSiesta will WOW you! The beautiful grounds are well taken care of. Sand, water and palm trees abound. Personal Picnic tables, lounge chairs and hammocks provided for your pleasure.We saw staff everywhere, cleaning and picking up around the property. They were very friendly. We stayed for three nights in one of the cottages overlooking the water. Comfortable King bed, comfortable couch in the living room.Gorgeous sun rises right out our door...stunning. Beautiful & immaculate pool and hot tub..open 24 hrs which is a big plus. The continental breakfast included is typical & average.Free use of fishing poles, kyacks, bikes. Needed to do some laundry and that was free as well...unusual to have all these free activites in the Keys. Kitchen was decent size..could cook in if we wanted...had a full size refrigerator...could actually buy a half gallon of Bluebell Icecream! Only con is the small bathroom but rest of cottage is very comfortable. Located in Islamorada...1.5 hrs from Key West. Take a snorkel trip all throughout the keys...it's amazing. I'll be back!!

Room Tip: Cottage 103 was great...small bathroom but the rest is spacious & comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank Yop so much for your great comments and for staying with us! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed in the one bedroom bungalow on the beach. It was very cozy with it's little kitchen. The bed was very comfy. The hammock in the front was a perfect addition. The continental breakfast in the morning was a typical breakfast, but eating breakfast in the front of our bungalow overlooking the ocean was beautiful. The pool was great. It is one of those walk in pools. We will be coming back.

Room Tip: Stay in a bungalow
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so Happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back! Thank you so much for your business.

Vineland, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have been trying to phone the hotel directly ( as I had specific questions) all day long, but finally gave up. The machine kept picking up, and then someone kept hanging up on me. We stayed there last June and had a nice time and wanted to go again for 7 nights, but could not get anyone to answer the phone...So we are going to Cancun instead. Their LOSS!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Well, I am certainly disappointed that we were not able to receive your call. I can assure you that it wasn't because we didn't want to. We were experiencing phone issues. I am on top of it and working through our problems. I do hope you will give us another try.

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I booked our room at La Siesta at the last minute after passport issues prevented us from going to our planned honeymoon in Belize. They were extremely sweet and put us in a gorgeous one-bedroom suite overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. I think our room had recently been renovated, as our furniture looked brand new, the bed was extremely comfy and we had everything we needed to cook in our kitchen. I liked the furniture even better than the stuff we have in our own apartment!

The grounds are beautiful, too, with little lit up paths leading the way to the pool area - which is huge and awesome. Plus there are hammocks strung between some of the trees, and I spent many afternoons curled up in one of them with a book.

If I had to say anything negative at all, it would be that there is no ice machine so you have to buy it from the front desk for $3. No biggie.

I loved this place - it had exactly the laid back feeling that I wanted to go to Belize for but was only three hours from home. We will DEFINITELY be back for a second honeymoon and would recommend this place to anyone looking for a romantic getaway. It was AWESOME!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! Congratulatins on your Marriage and we look forword to seeing you again.

Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been coming to Islamorada for a while and was fooled and tricked by this "resort"'s images on the Internet. I paid $189 per night for a hotel which I though was going to be more upscaled than the cabins at Bahia Honda or other places I had stayed for less money. Instead, I was not placed in the pretty Florida buildings shown on the property and that were under the description of the room I booked online but I was placed on the back building (the older looking building not shown on their site) with an old sofa instead of two sofa beds, sheets with holes in them, and after several request a rollaway for one of my children, the other had to sleep with me in a full size bed because they had no more blankets. This place is a rip off for the price, the only thing going for them is the location. Maybe that is why they think they can get away with it.

Room Tip: Call ahead a make sure that you get what you pay for before traveling there. Read reviews before ste...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I know that my Executive Housekeeper had spoken to you while you were here. We have no shortage of Blankets and if asked we certainly would have provided you with one. The sheet issue was with the roll away bed and yes a staff member made a mistake and picked up the wrong sheet for the rollaway, we certainly apologize for that. We make no claim that there are two couches in ever room. I am so sorry that you thought that there was. We are certainly not trying to fool anyone and our rates along with our property are on par with the rest of Islamorada. I do hope you will give us another try.

Dan Rutan

Been to La Siesta Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!