“Fooled by La Siesta Resort” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Siesta Resort & Marina

Save Saved
You added La Siesta Resort & Marina to your Saves list
La Siesta Resort & Marina
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   80241 Overseas Highway, Mile Marker 80.5 Oceanside, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 20 hotels in Islamorada
Miami Beach, Florida
“Fooled by La Siesta Resort”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been coming to Islamorada for a while and was fooled and tricked by this "resort"'s images on the Internet. I paid $189 per night for a hotel which I though was going to be more upscaled than the cabins at Bahia Honda or other places I had stayed for less money. Instead, I was not placed in the pretty Florida buildings shown on the property and that were under the description of the room I booked online but I was placed on the back building (the older looking building not shown on their site) with an old sofa instead of two sofa beds, sheets with holes in them, and after several request a rollaway for one of my children, the other had to sleep with me in a full size bed because they had no more blankets. This place is a rip off for the price, the only thing going for them is the location. Maybe that is why they think they can get away with it.

Room Tip: Call ahead a make sure that you get what you pay for before traveling there. Read reviews before ste...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I know that my Executive Housekeeper had spoken to you while you were here. We have no shortage of Blankets and if asked we certainly would have provided you with one. The sheet issue was with the roll away bed and yes a staff member made a mistake and picked up the wrong sheet for the rollaway, we certainly apologize for that. We make no claim that there are two couches in ever room. I am so sorry that you thought that there was. We are certainly not trying to fool anyone and our rates along with our property are on par with the rest of Islamorada. I do hope you will give us another try.

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

La Siesta has a five bedroom house on the ocean, this is my second stay here.
It is great for large family functions, has a huge kitchen family room and an oversize porch with your own large lawn leading down to three private boat slips. The master bedroom is huge with it's own private porch. With this you also get all the amenities that the hotel has to offer, including the poolside continental breakfast and coffee each morning.
There was no one coming in that evening and the staff was very accommodating to give us a late check out so we could go fishing and then shower and leave later in the day.

• Stayed September 2012
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
It was our pleasure to host your group. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Vero Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I didn't read the reviews on this place before making our reservation because we were joining family members who had already selected this property. Poshmom19's review is exactly what we experienced - the website pictures are very misleading! Our oceanfront one-bedroom cottage (one of six in this large complex) was badly in need of maintenance and modernization; the sliding glass door onto the patio was in such bad shape that my wife had to have me open and close it for her whenever she wanted to go in or out.
The total daily cost for this sorry unit, including taxes and a dubious $18 a day "Resort Fee" was $248.80 and the weekend rate is approx. $20 higher.
It is a family-oriented facility and there are lots of kids around, from infants to teenagers.
On a positive note,the pool area (where a continental breakfast is served) is nice, the grounds were very clean and the staff (with the exception of Meredith who was in the front office in the evenings) was friendly and helpful.
One last point to keep in mind if you are thinking about a trip to the Keys - avoid the first week of Florida's lobster season (August 6-12 this year) unless you like heavy traffic and crowded restaurants!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the very few units/rooms that have been recently renovated
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank You so much for staying with us and for your comments. I am working on all of your concerns. I would like to mention that the Resort Fee Covers, Continental Breakfast, WiFi, Use of Bicycles, Use of Kyaks and use of Washer and dryers for your clothes.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

While the resort location is great, the pool area is lovely and the layout of the grounds and building are casual an clean, the rooms are not like the photos and they are misleading the public. We rented a 1 br oceanfront cottage. They have 6 of these and turns out only 1 is remodeled and is the one they show on the website. Everything in the other cottages is old ' worn and stained carpet, old window unit air conditioner, old bathrooms, etc. Apparently from speaking to other guests, it's the same situation with most of the accommodations; they show one room that has been remodeled while most of them are not. I don't know if there is any price differentiation between old and new units but there should be and it should be fully disclosed. When I reserved I specifically inquired about the cottage and asks questions relative to the picture on the website so they knew.

However, the resort is nice for families with children and groups, the grounds are clean and the pool is very nice and looks like the picture.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LasiestaGM, General Manager at La Siesta Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank You for your comments. I'm so sorry that you felt the pictures did not meet your expectations. We are working on our photos and the issues that you had mentioned. We look forward to your return.

Logan, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

First off, this place could be an amazing romantic stay, great views of the ocean, hotel beach and hotel docks. However, any kind of peace of mind or romantic endeavors were destroyed by about 30 kids running around right outside our cottage door and windows. If you're looking for just you and your significant other to relax, then you'll have to stay in your room.

• Stayed August 2012
I'm so glad you had a great stay! While we are family friendly please know that when the kiddies go back to school there are many many times that we are a bit more couple friendly.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

My 3 day stay was great. The resort was
Easily located and the staff was friendly.The ocean views were stunning and being able to see the ocean from my balcony was great. The hammocks were nice to relax in after the pool or just to feel the ocean breeze. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank You for your great comments! I'm so glad you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to you return.

General Manger
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

No value for the money. This place is in a great location, but the room we stayed in looked nothing like the website photos. Our room had torn & stained carpet, ants, mold & loose moldy caulking in the bathrooms, a few long black hairs on the king bed, the air conditioner was noisy & did not cool the room. We stayed a total of 11 hours and cancelled our second night stay. During the "free" breakfast, the breads and cereal stale. The worker prepping the food was cleaning and touching his face with the gloves he had on when handling the food. We advised the staff of our concerns and were told the hotel is 60 years old and starting to "show it's age". I asked for a discount/refund and I was referred back to travelocity since we made out reservation. We paid almost $300 for one night. I would not have paid $50 to stay in that unsanitary and disappointing room. This place needs a makeover. On a positive note...the grounds were beautiful, the view was beautiful, and the pool was refreshing.

• Stayed July 2012
I'm so sorry that we missed our mark. We are working on all the items that you had mentioned. I hope to see uou on your return visit.