“I wish Pierres would go back to the old days” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 84 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Entertaining clients, Scenic view, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Miami Beach, Florida
“I wish Pierres would go back to the old days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Pierre's used to be a much more inviting place - over the years I've watch it go downhill to my last experience this past New Year's almost made me never go back - ruined my new years and a complete waste of $500 never even got a glass of champagne for the ball drop toast - the issue is the location and view is second to none. I still go there but what once was a stop on the way to my place before I even arrived EVERY trip has morphed into maybe 4 times a year - it's a real shame when a place becomes popular it loses sight of the end game which is to be around for a long time and trying to capitalize and make to much money I fear they are tarnishing their reputation - please go back to the old days -

I still would take every person I know here if not just for the view

Visited June 2013

Florida
“Pierres is back on top - Do not miss this amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We live in the Florida Keys in the summer. We have eaten at and enjoyed Pierres over the years up until about a year ago. Last summer and then around the holiday's we ate at Pierres and the food was just ok. Last night we went back to Pierres to give it "one more chance" and I can only tell you that we were happy that we did. The Dinner was AMAZING. From the moment that we walked in the door the service, the attention, the friendliness of the staff all the attention to every detail was addressed for our table. We opened up the menu's to see that the entire menu has been changed to reflect the new chef's talented approach to cusine. We had our favorites on the old menu that were very quickly replaced with new favorites from the new chef. At our table we had the Hog Fish menieure (2) served with fresh heirloom tomatoes- very fresh and flavorful (Heirloom tomatoes is unheard of here in the keys), the filet au poivre (flavorful and amazing) and some great vegetable sides of sauteed spinach and asparagas. Pierres is one of the only places in the keys that offers the view, the atmosphere, the service and the amazing food. My husband and I are renewed fans of Pierre's and we will be back again and again and again. Welcome back Pierre's!!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Elegant and classy...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Food and Service was above average.Great views, fantastic sunset.Nice, affluent crowd.We will go Back!

Visited June 2013
“What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We had visited Pierre's Restraunt multiple times over the past seven years. After our last experience, all I have to say is what has happened? The food was terrible, but the service was by far worse. It's a shame the Restraunt has became what it is now.. We will no longer return, I suggest going down to the fish company, better food, better prices and the same sunset view!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Huge Price for a Disappointing Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

In town for my Birthday, decided to give Pierre's a try for the first time. I won't be back. This was a poor performance by a supposedly good restaurant. The food was adequate but undistinguished. My companion liked the soup, but the steak I ordered was minute, and ordinary to say the least. Service was poor and servers not knowlegeable regarding the dishes. Asked if the lamb was flavored strongly with juniper, the server replied that he didn't know, as he had never tasted it! I waited forever for a diet coke after requesting it 3 times it finally arrived. Needless to say, we were extremely disapointed. The bill was a shocking $200 without tip, and only two glasses of inexpensive wine, and they did not even give me a free desset for my Birthday. The final straw was when visiting the mens room on the way our, there was a filthy teeshirt on the counter near the sink, I don't even know where this would have come from or why it would be there. Without a doubt, one of the worst experiences at the highest price I have ever experienced. With much bettter and cleaner restaurants like Braza Lena and the Barracuda Grill at half the price close by, why eat here?

• Visited May 2013