“The bay tour was excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 116 Activities in Islamorada
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Located directly on the beach at The Postcard Inn.
Houston
6 attraction reviews
“The bay tour was excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We decided to rent a Seedoo speedster and take the bay guided tour and we were glad we did. Our guide took us into some mangrove water paths, showed us an area where sharks congregate (down deep but you can see them!) and generally we had a great fun time.

Visited March 2014

Green Village, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
“Great Way to See the Keys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Myself, my wife and a big group of friends rented 6 jet skis and 2 jet boats and had a great guided tour of the local flats and mangroves! Our guides Kyle & Kyle were excellent guides and made us all feel comfortable and safe. One of our favorite parts of our whole trip.

Visited February 2014
3 attraction reviews
“Fast Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

During a recent stay in Key Largo, we were looking for a place to rent some jet skis. Checked out Spray Watersports and ended up going on a guided jetboat tour instead. What fun! Jim signed us up and explained everything thoroughly. Danny was our awesome guide. The ocean was kind of rough that day, so he kept us in calmer waters. He let us go as fast as we wanted, which was quite a thrill. And he knew a lot about the ecology of the area, which we were interested in. The "rivers" through the mangrove areas were very beautiful; something you don't often get to see. All in all it was a top notch experience and an exhilerating afternoon. We would definitely recomment Spray Watersports to others: ask for Danny!

Visited January 2014
Willunga, Australia
57 attraction reviews
“Fun way to see more of the Keys.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Not immediately obvious where it is - just head towards the beachfront at Postcard Inn. Very nice, friendly staff who gave us a discount despite the fact that there was only one other couple on the tour. We picked a day with a bit too much northerly wind so we struggled when we first started off (my first time driving a jet ski) but quickly go used to the strong wind and lumpy conditions. Fortunately our guide was patient and took us into areas that were protected from the wind. Horseshoe Key was a highlight with nesting pelicans and other birds. We saw Jack Nicholson's house and by the end of the tour we had the jet ski up over 40 miles an hour - great!

Visited January 2014
Wilmette, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Nice tour with one but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Saw Spray on Tripadvisor and went for their jetski guided tour, which turned out to be a great way to explore some of the Keys from the water - you cover 22 miles in 1.5 hours. The only negative impression (and hence the overall average rating) was the guide (forgot his name).

It was my first time using jetski and my first couple attempts to maintain speed at 30mph (that was the minimum expected on the tour to keep up with the group) were not successful - I was bouncing to the sides and overcompensating with the steer. To my disappointment, the guide didn't take even 3 minutes to give me a couple of tips to correct. He just started telling me I would have to go back if I don't get to speed up. After my 2nd unsuccessful attempt, he called the office to bring me back. I appealed to him to give me 5 more minutes. And I figured it out that I should barely touch the steer and just press the throttle to accelerated and it worked! It was a lot of fun afterwards.

It was very unfortunate that the guide didn't try and didn't know how to help me. He also didn't want to listen to my gentle feedback after we came back - told me "don't consult me how to do my work". I left my feedback to the guy who coordinates the rentals and later got a call from the manager who asked me what happened to respond to my complaint, which I find positive. I hope that guide gets proper training and Spray better takes care of first-time jetski users.

Visited December 2013