“Families First Ocean Outing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Early Bird Fishing Charters

Early Bird Fishing Charters
84001 Overseas Highway, Holiday Isle Marina at The Postcard Inn, Islamorada, FL 33036
(305) 942-3618
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 116 Activities in Islamorada
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Early Bird Fishing Charters is an offshore charter fishing business. Our boat, the EarlyBird is a 43' Alex Willis boat and is docked at Holiday Isle Marina at The Postcard Inn in Islamorada, FL. We take groups of up to 6 people on board with our captain and mate to fish for sailfish, marlin, mahi-mahi, grouper, snapper and other pelagic fish.
Westport, CT
“Families First Ocean Outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife, two girls, and I have all grown up fishing the streams and lakes of PA but had never experienced ocean fishing. We had planned a trip to Islamorada but waited until we were there to plan and book a charter as we wanted to make sure the weather would cooperate. We met Capt. Ross in a local restaurant and he had availability the following afternoon for a 1/2 day trip. I gave Ross a call back a few hrs later and secured our day. So glad we did! Both Ross and his first mate Colby were very professional and respectful. We caught a number of Kingfish, a few Bonita, and a shark. We were all happy to catch fish but were hoping for that sail. Capt Ross made a few great runs and attacked a sail but we just missed it. Not for lack of trying but that's why they call it fishin'! Highly recommended! Thanks for a great afternoon of fun and adventure in beautiful Islamorada!! See you on our next trip!

Visited February 2013
fishinceek1, Owner at Early Bird Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for posting about your experience on the EarlyBird! We are happy you all had a nice time fishing! We had a great afternoon with you and your family! Hope to see you again next time you're in the Keys!

Cortland, Ohio, United States
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I can't say enough about the amazing time and experience we had on the Early Bird. Captain Ross and Colby are the best! My family decided we wanted to go deep sea fishing which included my husband two teenage girls and my son. We had the absolute best time and caught a ton of fish. The memories of that day will last a lifetime and we had the absolute best experience fishing in the keys on Early Bird.

Visited February 2013
Amy - Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor. Colby and I had a great day fishing with your family. We are so glad you had a nice time as well! Hope to see you next year!
katonah
“Early Bird fishing Islamorada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stuck in Miami last weekend with major snowstorm in North East. Decided to head down to Islamorada for impromptu fishing trip and got lucky to book a charter on the "Early Bird" with Captain Ross Early and his first mate Colby. I told the Captain i was hoping for sailfish and thats all he needed to know... As it turned out there was a sailfish tourney going on that day, and there were 25 boats out fishing for sails. We fished 1/2 day, and bagged 2 sails and 4 small tunas... It was a great Day, and the Captain and the first mate are both excellent. After we landed our second sail, it was time to head back in. i was thrilled and exhausted... As of that point, only one other captain in the tourney had hooked up. We had doubled the total of the entire tourney for the morning fishing...excellent experience!! Can't wait to come back and fish the Early Bird!

Visited February 2013
fishinceek1, Owner at Early Bird Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank for the review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you came down to the Keys while you were in South Florida. We had a great day fishing and catching those sailfish! Hope to see you again soon on the EarlyBird!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Catch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Recently, my father, brothers, and my cousins traveled to Islamorada from Richmond, VA, Washington, D.C., and Dallas Texas. While on our vacation we chartered Captain Ross' "Early Bird" for a half day trip. We had an excellent fishing experience with Ross and his first mate Colby. The weather was beautiful, the fish were biting, and Ross knew exactly when, where, and how to pull in the fish. We caught a plethora of Kingfish and enjoyed the day. Captain Ross, and his mate were very friendly. Next time, we will certainly charter Captain Ross' "Early Bird" for a whole day instead of half.

Visited January 2013
fishinceek1, Owner at Early Bird Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Robert - Thank you for the nice review on TripAdvisor. We really enjoyed fishing you and your family while you were in Islamorada! We had a great day with you catching all those kingfish. Next time we would love to take you out for a full day. Thanks, Captain Ross
Charleston, South Carolina
“Early Bird Puts You On The Fish!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My 27 year old son and I chartered the Early Bird with Captain Ross and his mate in December 2012. I have fished in Mexico, the Bahamas, and the states and this charter was one of the best! My son caught is first sail and I also caught one! We had lots of activity and brought in some game fish for dinner, too. Captain Ross really put us on the fish all day and the mate was very knowledgeable and experienced. What a beautiful place to fish on a great boat and perfect location! I definitely recommend the Early Bird for a wonderful fishing adventure.

Visited December 2012
fishinceek1, Owner at Early Bird Fishing Charters, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Suzanne - Thank you for the nice review on TripAdvisor. We enjoyed fishing you and your son. We had fun catching those sailfish! Please call us next time you are in Islamorada. Thanks again, Captain Ross