“Great dive center” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Water sports, Adventure
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Great dive center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just returned from the keys and a fantastic experience with the islamoradda dive center. Great service for entire family. Great with young divers my 11 yr old nephew said it was "a five star place". Thanks again Eric and all the staff

Visited July 2013
keyscowboy, Owner at Islamorada Dive Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hey Gail! Your entire family were awesome! I personally had a ball snorkeling with them.

The Eagle dives were great! Come back soon!

Thanks

Florissant, Missouri
“I shouldn't be telling you this, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is absolutely the best operation we've dived with out of the Keys. I shouldn't be telling you this, because they're so good that their boats are regularly full. Do call ahead and reserve a spot, because they're very popular.

Everyone on the crew, from the folks manning the phones and the desk to the instructors, guides, captain and boat crew were exceptional. They looked out for each and every diver on the boat, and made sure everyone got what they wanted out of the dives.

We brought our kids here - both of them inexperienced divers who have only done quarry diving before. They both needed a lot of guidance and attention, and that is exactly what they got, and from someone who wasn't Mom or Dad - someone who they listened to and learned from. The personal attention and care we received was just fantastic.

Other dive centers in the Keys can make your dive feel like a cattle call - you get lined up on the boat, in the water, out of the water, back on shore, all feeling like you've just been through a factory line. Not Islamorada Dive Center. These guys are real pros, and make you feel like a VIP.

Visited July 2013
Aww you made me blush...thank you so much for the kind words. We specialize in teaching and guiding our young divers and love having them on the boat.

Thanks again for the review

Johns Creek, Georgia
“Excellent Dive Shop and Team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We recently spent a week on Islamorada and my thirteen year old wanted to get Dive Certified. I contacted the Islamorada Dive Shop and from start to finish they made it a great experience for my son and our entire family. From Megan in the dive shop who took our original booking and helped us get organized the first day, to Patrick our son's instructor who coached him in the pool and the open ocean on four dives, pointing out arrow crabs, puffer fish and even nurse sharks while he ran him through his paces. Eric the owner was a gracious and knowledgeable captain taking us to great dive sites teaming with life. This is a well run business with new equipment and an outstanding dive shop full off all the gadgets any diver could ever need. I would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to dive for the first or 100 time.

Visited July 2013
Thanks! Patrick is a fantastic instructor and we love teaching young divers.

thanks again for diving with us

Atlanta
4 attraction reviews
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We dove in Key Largo last year and chose the dive in Islamorada this year so we picked IDC to dive with. One of my sons was getting certified and one was getting advanced open water, as was I. My third son was supposed to dive but couldn't due to an ear problem. He rode the boat with us each day. Our instructor, Heather, did an excellent job splitting time between my new diving son and the two of us with some experience. The diving was great. The only drawback is that this dive shop does a lot of spearfishing instruction. Because of that, the reefs we went to in the morning were unprotected and not as inhabited with fish. We went to Hen's and Chicken's in the afternoon which more than made up for the fewer fish we saw in the morning. Good friendly crew and a nice dive boat. I definitely recommend IDC.

Visited July 2013
Thanks for the review. We loved teaching the boys! As far as the spearfishing goes, we offer the class in order to teach conservative, safe hunting. Divers are going to go spearfishing we prefer they learn the proper safe conservative minded approach. Now that we have two boats we are seperating the two sports.

thanks again for diving with us!
Ormond Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Myself, my husband and our two boys (ages 10 and 12) did an afternoon two tank dive. This was our boys first ocean dive and the dive masters did an excellent job making them feel comfortable and confident. Everyone on the boat was very professional and during the dives I noticed our dive master visually checking all of us frequently. Two times one of our boys had to surface and he was right there both times to check on them. I would highly recommend the Islamorada Dive Center. We will be using them again on our next trips to the Keys.

Visited July 2013
Young divers are our specialty!! I'm so glad we could your kids a positive experience.

Would love to see you all again!

Thanks