“Outstanding Restaurant. All about the details!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 84 Restaurants in Islamorada
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Fast Food, Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Ice Cream
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: M.E.A.T. Eatery And Taproom is a Cutting-Edge Quick-Service restaurant in the Upper Florida Keys. It smokes its own meats, makes its own Sausage in-house, has high quality Burgers, Hotdogs, Pulled Pork and even Lobster Rolls as a Gourmet Fast Food establishment. MEAT alo carries Craft Beers, Microwbrewed Sodas, Organic Wines and Homemade Ice Cream. Not to be missed traveling in the Keys!
Indianapolis
“Outstanding Restaurant. All about the details!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I love a restaurant where the food is great, but the places that are the best in any genre or price point of food are those that truly understand the details. These guys GET IT. I've had many items on their regular menu and each one is outstanding. What makes this place special is that they don't just slap something on a burger just-because. Every element of that burger is thought out. They make their own condiments. They smoke their own meats. They use premium ingredients.

If I'm in town I have to stop in for at least a juicy lucy and those wonderful truffle fries. Their menu is great, and their specials are always interesting. I wish I could eat here every day!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

deerfield
“Do The Beer Math!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by in late January and had lunch. The food was excellent (burger and pulled pork sandwich) and the staff was very friendly. I would go back for the food except next time I will order the smaller beer (5.75 for 16 oz). It's the first taproom where I've had a draft beer that actually charges more per ounce with the bigger glass. When I was asked by the bartender if I would like 16 or 20 ounces I didn't think I'd be paying more per ounce with the 20 ounce selection. I ordered Clearwater 420 (20 oz-7.95) that works out to .40 per oz. A 16oz at $ 5.75 works out to .36 per ounce. So I paid $2.20 for the extra 4 oz (you could say that brings the additional ounces to .55 per oz). When I pointed out the price differences, the staff was receptive to listening, deducted the up charge, and said they would point this out to the owner. I usually don't pay attention to prices like this but when I was sitting at the bar sipping my beer and looking up at the chalkboard something just didn't look right so I did the math. Pays to stay in school kids.

Visited January 2014
Nunica, Michigan
“We don't like fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Thank you Trip Advisor for this little nugget, went to a prior favorite in Islamorada to find it had closed. Took out the app, and here is the #1 rated....and it's not fish!!! Woo-hoo!!! I realize it's a struggle coming down to the fishing capital and not eating fish. I get it. So this little place is a new gem. On top of that....it's DELISH! Have been coming down to the Key's for over 30 years, best hamburger I have had. Homemade condiments, but I stuck with regular ketchup, I'm a little bland. Worth the stop!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Legit Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Fried Chicken, Molasses Beer BBQ Sauce, SC Pulled Pork, Shrimp Potstickers and Root Beer are all must trys! Great atmosphere and service!

“Unique experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Bought the shirt, been there. The menu is interesting with a unique array of choices and interesting choices. Onion straws were greasy- take French fries instead. The Carolina Barbie was good but not exceptional. I think best part are the choices of beer

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere