“Great View” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Breezy Palms Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Breezy Palms Resort
You added Breezy Palms Resort to your Saves list
80015 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“Great View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

We had booked a room that was suppose to be on the FIRST floor near the office. We had scuba stuff and two other heavy bags with us. I knew I did not want to carry 47 pound bags upstairs. I have stayed in the Islamorda many times and I know that Rt 1 can be very LOUD even in your room due to the traffic. So when booking I did explain this. They told me I would get a room on the first floor behind the office. It was only 99.00 plus tax. GOOD. Well when we get there we get a room UPSTAIRS above the office and right on the highway. It was small and upstairs and the highway noise was way too much for me. So we returned the key and said we could NOT stay in that room and I explained what was promised to me. They were very booked that night due to a photo shoot at a near by expensive hotel. So they told me I could have room 107 pool view for 169.00 or Ocean Front for 189.00, we did take the oceanfront room. The room had a great view but the floor smelled like dirty mop water. The sheet on my bed had a dead bug on it. They did give me clean sheets but the maid service was gone for the day. So I made my bed and the next day they did mop the floors again. They also cleaned the a/c vent because I told them it was very dirty. So they did have attention to details when asked. I thought they should have given me a discount for the Oceanfront room. Due to the problems I had with it. They were very empty on my second night stay. Would I stay here again? NOT SURE because they totally blamed me for the room booking mistake and I know I was promised a room on the first floor. If they would have charged me 139 to 169 for the Oceanfront room I would have felt better about it. Every other hotel I stayed at during my two week vacation gave me a free upgrade to a suite because they were not full. So every other hotel did appreciate my business. I don't think this hotel cared either way. Also the coffee was suppose to be ready early, due to the fishing that goes on in this town. But it was NEVER ready before 8:10 AM and when I was looking for real half and half the girl that works the front desk said MAY I HELP YOU? just like that and almost scared me off my feet. She was the same one that said I made the mistake with my booking when I know it was the hotel's fault. Funny that did NOT happen anywhere else on my stay. We always had the first floor as promised if they did not have and elevator. Well the view was nice, it was too cold to go in the pool but it looked very clean. Not sure if I would book this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

This is a great, reasonably-priced, locally-run establishment. We have been staying here on winter vacations for years. The rates vary with the seasons. There is a beautiful sandy beach, marina for boats, a dock for fishing, a pool and sand volleyball area. The idea of vacation was created here. It is on the ocean side in the upper Florida Keys, close to restaurants and bars in Islamorada. Breezy Palms is in a great location (out of the busy traffic of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale) to go sportfishing, hiking, bicycling, snorkeling, a day-trip to Key West, great local happy hours and most of all....just relaxing. If you feel the need to "stay-connected" there is free WiFi. The bungalows have small kitchens so you can cook and eat local seafood. There are also grills available for outdoor cooking. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing while the staff is very attentive and courteous. Truly, after a few days here, you will be on "island time!"

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlantic Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

The staff are very friendly and helpful, and will help you as much as they can. The rooms are clean and quiet, and pleasantly decorated. Great for the price and a place to rest to GO FISHING!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

Breezy Palms is situated perfectly in the middle of the Keys. The rooms are large and clean. There is fishing from their docks, right on the ocean. Large pool, and great service. I'd highly recommend this facility to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Tifton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

We decided to take a last-minute trip to the Keys this month, and boy were we surprised at the GREAT off-season prices at our favorite resort--Breezy Palms in Islamorada.

We treated ourselves to a larger oceanfront apartment, which in the off-season is about the same price as the bungalow we usually get. We had one of the ground floor rooms, and you can literally walk right off your screened-in porch onto the sand. Who can ask for more?

We went out snorkelling and exploring at the Alligator Reef Lighthouse, which is a few miles off shore from the resort--you can actually see the lighthouse from the beach. It was neat to walk around on the platform there and dive off into the water. We got such great pictures that I'm planning on putting them together in a collage to hang in the house.

On another day, all we did was park ourselves in lounge chairs under one of the tiki huts and enjoy wartching the water (kiteboarders!) and all the activity at the docks. The Breezy Palms "pets" were out in full force again--herons, pelicans, ibis, squirrels iguanas, wild parrots... and Mamma the cat.

One of their t-shirts says it all, "Breezy Palms: where doing nothing is really something."

We'll be back again as soon as we can.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

My fiancé and I stayed at Breezy Palms during the first weekend in october and it was amazing!! First off, I don't know how its remotely possible for bad reviews for this resort! I could only assume negative comments are coming from local, higher priced, competing resorts. Its a nice, small resort but its very obvious the management and staff go out of their way to give you the same feeling as if you were staying a big, over priced, ritzy resort (including the feeling of safety!!). Their prices are absolutely amazing for the accomodations provided! We had a beachfront, 1 bedroom (king) bungalow with a full kitchen, dining area & living room & parking spot right outside our door for the price that you can not beat anywhere else in the keys! (Trust me, I looked everywhere and all other resorts with beaches are more expensive for smaller rooms and some with no view!) The bungalow was immaculate and spacious! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was huge with great water pressure! The grounds are immaculate as well. There's a great barebeque area with seating on the beach as long as individual grills outside each room. Each room also had a patio table & chairs. Even though the property is not huge, the accomodations are private and offer amazing views! We spent hours on the dock amazed at how much life there is in the waters right at the resort. There is also a sandbar accessible from their dock where you can go out into the ocean quite a distance at waist deep water and do amazing snorkeling! The beach area is great all together! Come right out of your bungalow and have your own beach with chairs feel from your door! This place is a paradise and we can't wait to come back! We came to the keys for the first time for a wedding and can't wait to come back so we can really spend all our time taking advantage of Breezy Palms to our fullest extent!

I just have to say in response to all the negative complaints about no privacy & rules at the resort -

Whoever says there's no privacy is lying!!!! We are extremely private people and have no complaints whatsoever. We never saw anyone on the property affecting anyone's good time or privacy for that matter. The only staff we saw walking around the property were the maintenance team which cleary put a lot of hard work & effort into keeping the resort as beautiful as it is!!! The people we dealt with at the front desk & gift store were always kind, respectful, helpful & professional. I never even saw Larry walking around the property - all I saw were other happy guests!!

Yes there are security camers on the property - as there are at ALL safe & successful resorts.

As for people complaining about the rules - how ignorant can you be to complain that you broke the rules at a resort and then complain when management says something about it? Any normal adult would know to respect rules & policies at any hotel or resort they stay at.

If you want the absolute best quality for your buck - stay at Breezy Palms!!!! And I can't stress enough - you wind up getting even way MORE than what you pay for!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

This is our 2nd visit to this motel and it won`nt be the last We will go again next year . Nice clean rooms, big fluffy beds, and convient to restuarants and my dive shop "KEY DIVES"

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Breezy Palms Resort? Share your experiences!