“Quiet, relaxing, great view of the Atlantic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Breezy Palms Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Breezy Palms Resort
You added Breezy Palms Resort to your Saves list
80015 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Islamorada B&B and Inns
South Lyon, Michigan
“Quiet, relaxing, great view of the Atlantic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

We've been staying at the Breezy Palms for 16 years and we are never disappointed. It's not a fancy place but is one of the few old fashion keys style motels left in this area. This year we enjoyed our beachfront apartment, the weather, the views and the heated pool. There were some spring breakers - families with children that we tolerated for a few nights - but before they came and after they left the place was quiet and relaxing. Even when the kids were running around it wasn't bad - we were able to close the windows and turn on the air conditioner fan to basically dull the noise they were making. The other issue is that you MUST wear some kind of slippers/flip flops inside the room as there is something about the floors that will make the bottom of your feet black. Not sure if it's the grout or ? as the housekeeper sweeps and mops the floors...but it's always been that way and there are no carpets in the lower units on the Ocean front apartments. The kitchen has all the basics including a microwave and a big fridge so we cook breakfast and sometimes lunch and eat on that wonderful screened porch. The porch is also great for windy days - the wind coming off the Atlantic sometimes can be too much for sitting on the beach. Overall though, the place is great. I can understand why people keep coming back. Wish we could stay longer! We love it!

Room Tip: Ask the management about bed types.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I recently stayed at Breezy Palms with family who were visiting from the UK. They have been every year for a number of years and have always told me how nice Breezy Palms is and how friendly the people are. I could not disagree. The accommodation itself was very clean and comfortable although a little outdated for my taste. The poolside room was spacious (particularly as I had it to myself!) and it was very quiet. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and went above and beyond other places I have stayed to make their regular clients feel welcome and valued. It is worth noting that you need a car (or be prepared to walk quite a long way!) to get to the good restaurants, grocery stores etc. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We found it over priced for the accommodations. The sleeper sofa was a joke. The blankets that were provided were antiquated. The plumbing backed up into the shower. It was the noisiest hotel we have ever stayed in.
This is not what we expected for $200. a night. Unfortunately we will nor be returning.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is not a resort but an old marina. The "beach" is a seawall with sand up above it. The staff is rude and there are hiden fees.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Zeeland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

This resort is older but very clean and well kept. You have a choice of motel, efficiency, bungalow or 1 or 2 bedroom units. There is a nice jetty if you want to fish right on the property and the pool was very nice. The staff was very helpful with ideas of restaurants and activities. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Springfield,tn.37172
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

This is a great place to stay in the Keys.A good central location.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

We had booked a room that was suppose to be on the FIRST floor near the office. We had scuba stuff and two other heavy bags with us. I knew I did not want to carry 47 pound bags upstairs. I have stayed in the Islamorda many times and I know that Rt 1 can be very LOUD even in your room due to the traffic. So when booking I did explain this. They told me I would get a room on the first floor behind the office. It was only 99.00 plus tax. GOOD. Well when we get there we get a room UPSTAIRS above the office and right on the highway. It was small and upstairs and the highway noise was way too much for me. So we returned the key and said we could NOT stay in that room and I explained what was promised to me. They were very booked that night due to a photo shoot at a near by expensive hotel. So they told me I could have room 107 pool view for 169.00 or Ocean Front for 189.00, we did take the oceanfront room. The room had a great view but the floor smelled like dirty mop water. The sheet on my bed had a dead bug on it. They did give me clean sheets but the maid service was gone for the day. So I made my bed and the next day they did mop the floors again. They also cleaned the a/c vent because I told them it was very dirty. So they did have attention to details when asked. I thought they should have given me a discount for the Oceanfront room. Due to the problems I had with it. They were very empty on my second night stay. Would I stay here again? NOT SURE because they totally blamed me for the room booking mistake and I know I was promised a room on the first floor. If they would have charged me 139 to 169 for the Oceanfront room I would have felt better about it. Every other hotel I stayed at during my two week vacation gave me a free upgrade to a suite because they were not full. So every other hotel did appreciate my business. I don't think this hotel cared either way. Also the coffee was suppose to be ready early, due to the fishing that goes on in this town. But it was NEVER ready before 8:10 AM and when I was looking for real half and half the girl that works the front desk said MAY I HELP YOU? just like that and almost scared me off my feet. She was the same one that said I made the mistake with my booking when I know it was the hotel's fault. Funny that did NOT happen anywhere else on my stay. We always had the first floor as promised if they did not have and elevator. Well the view was nice, it was too cold to go in the pool but it looked very clean. Not sure if I would book this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Breezy Palms Resort? Share your experiences!