“Special Night” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 78 restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Vegetarian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch.
Key Largo, Florida, United States
“Special Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I went to Michaels for our 5th anniversary and not only had an excellent meal and great service from Shell, but their special touch made it even more special. When I made the reservation, I was asked whether I wanted to do something special and I inquired about their Champagne by the half bottle and a specific one. Unfortunately, they did not carry that particular one, but when we arrived found it in a wine bucket by our table. Chef Michael had arranged to have it brought in just for us!! That's WOW factor at it's best!! Will definitely be telling everyone I know and will return again.

90% Recommend
Islamorada, Florida
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Downtown Islamorada has Chef Michael's. You"ll leave a better person for your experience with their cuisine Absolutely amazing. I know I need to go back soon. Do yourself , your family and friends a lovely jester and eat at Chef Michael's. Like me you'll want more.

nyc
“I Had to Return for More”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Okay I don't know if Cafe Michael is the best restaurant on Islamorada, but I can see it is very popular with the wealthier locals. Friendly service and if you prefer sitting at the bar for good conversation than Michael's is your place.

I would only say that I wish the entrees were served with something more than a large portion of rice and a few veggies. The fish was fresh and prepared well but the flavors lacked the wow factor. I would like to see more interesting desserts.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was my favorite restaurant (out of 8 on Islamorada) with great food, cozy atmosphere, great service!

Visited November 2012
Metamora, Illinois
“The Best Fish We've Ever Eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

After eloping with my wife in Key Largo, we needed a place to enjoy our wedding night dinner. Our photographer recommended Chef Michael's very highly and I'm happy to report that our food and experience was excellent.

Before arriving in The Keys, I made reservations and let the staff know that this would be our wedding dinner. When we got to the restaurant we were immediately seated and brought two complimentary glasses of champagne to celebrate our nuptials. Our midwestern taste buds had never experienced hogfish before, but since Chef Michael's seems to specialize in this particular type of fish, my bride and I decided to try it two different ways. We ordered the Juliette and the Ambassador style of hogfish and started with a fried lionfish appetizer. The appetizer and the bread were fantastic. The breading of the fish was crunchy and hot while the bread was crusty on the outside and tender on the inside. I wisely turned down the offer of additional bread which I could have eaten all night long, because the generous portions of fish to come were prepared expertly and with the care and attention to detail I would expect from the finest restaurants.

Do yourself a favor and seek this place out. You will love the food and the service. When we return to The Keys I guarantee you we will be back.