“Great Trip, 5 star service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 116 Activities in Islamorada
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Drop Back is a 40 foot custom charter fishing boat specifically designed for reef, wreck and offshore fishing in the Florida Keys. We are conveniently located at the Postcard Inn and Marina at the world famous Holiday Isle , MM 84.5, near all of Islamorada's famous restaurants and attractions. The Florida Keys' waters offer a wide variety of species, from sport fish including Sailfish and Marlin to excellent eating fish such as Dolphin (Mahi-Mahi), Tuna, Wahoo, and Yellowtail Snapper. Let our highly skilled professional crew guide and assist you while tackling your trophy catch. Captain Jon Reynolds and his courteous, friendly crew welcome you aboard the Drop Back for a Florida Keys fishing experience of a lifetime!
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great Trip, 5 star service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

John and his team know how to catch fish! I truly enjoyed my experience on John's charter. Very clean well maintained boat. We went out 3 times, and caught Mahi, Tuna, and Yellow tail. I will fish with John again, and strongly recommend hiring him and his crew for fisherman who are experienced, and the novice! Thanks John......See ya next year!!

Visited November 2013
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
You guys were great! Not to mention, tough as nails. The whole plan worked out for the week. I'm glad we finally got the weather we were looking for the last day. Great having you guys on the boat. Can't wait till the next time.

3 attraction reviews
“As always fantastic fishing on the Drop Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Captain Jon Reynolds and his first mate Tyler were outstanding on our most recent fishing charters on the Drop Back. I've been fishing at least three or four times a year with Capt. Jon for the past few years and he and his crew are excellent. Friendly, courteous, professional, and they always put us on the fish. Most recent charters on Friday 10/4 and Monday 10/7 were spent primarily targeting blackfin tuna on the humps, but we added a great catch of mahi mahi and wahoo when Capt. Jon and Tyler spotted birds and debris. Truly one of the best operations in the Islamorada charter fleet!

Visited October 2013
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
It was great having you and your Dad back again on the Drop Back along with some new anglers to enjoy some great off-shore fishing in the Keys. I hope you finally got your "fix" of Tuna fishing you had been looking forward to! I'm sure we'll have many opportunities in the future to do it again.
It was a pleasure, as always, and we look forward to having you guys join us again.
Capt. Jon
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
“AWSOME TRIP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have chartered many boats from MD.to KEYS. Also own my own 24ft.fish boat.This charter was by far the best Ihave ever been on.Capt. Jon and his crew were point on from the minute we cast off.Very professional,spotless boat,and put us on the fish at first spot.We had 3 first time offshore anglers that are now hooked and want to book spring trip, 2 from swizterland.This Capt.will relate to you and your needs.After 30 years of chartering boats,I can say from boarding boat to perfectly cleaned fish this is ONE CLASS ACT!!!!

Visited October 2013
It's always fun giving first-timers a great fishing experience. It's hard for anyone to imagine the thrill until they actually experience it firsthand. It was really enjoyable having the four of you on board, and hope you'll join us again on your next Keys visit.
Capt. Jon
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Captain Jon put together a split charter for my son and I when all others failed on the last day of our trip to the keys and wow were we lucky! We were the first boat out friday morning, and Jon had told me the night before, even though the water was rough, we were going hunting Dolphin and that my son, for his first deep sea trip, wouldn't be disappointed. Boy was he right.

We went out under a rainbow and light rain as the sun was coming up. Water was choppy, Captain Jon said at least it wasn't "Karate Chop" like the day before or it'd be really rough. Captain Jon was intent in scouting for the fish as we went out. My son was very curious so he climbed up top and Captain Jon took the time to tell him what he was doing, how to find the fish and watch the birds. He is KNOWLEDGABLE about his trade!

As Curtis, one of the great guys on our split charter, said in another review Jon found em and we nailed em! Zach threw perfect casts and all of a sudden we had three on and amazingly landed all three. It was crazy and Zach kept us all untangled and gaffed each one!

Next time was a four bagger and then they just kept coming. Look at the pictures, it was just unreal. I think Captain Jon put it best when he was saying about my sons first deep sea charter "That is the best and the worst first day ever. The best because, well... it was amazing! The worst because it's going to take a long time to beat that one!"

We will be going back! And honestly, I did a lot of research online and then asked around for 10 days. I just can't imagine a better captain and first mate than these two. The boat was also very impressive. Dropback Charters is truly the whole package!

Jason and Austin Whitney
Lees Summit, Missouri

Visited August 2013
Jonathon R, Owner at Drop Back Fishing Charters, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
I'm really glad you decided to make that last phone call to us, Jason. That was a day of fishing that will never be forgotten! Keep bringing Austin down and there will be many more to come!
Medford, Oregon
“What a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you are going deep sea fishing in Islamorada, FL you have to go with Captain Jon and Zak. They were friendly, knowledgeable and their boat was spotless. They put us in the fish, tons of them. At times there were 5 fish hooked and only 3 anglers!! It was a blast. One of the best days deep sea fishing I have ever had!! I got luck and had a share, one of the few marinas I have found that put singles together to make a charter. It was great, I met some really nice people, had a great day, caught more fish than anyone of us could deal with and got to go fishing. See you again next year.

Visited August 2013
That worked out really well for everybody. We work hard to try and accommodate even a single angler wanting to go fishing on the Drop Back. Get in touch with us before you come out the next time and we'll do it again.